Chapter 13

All hell is about to break loose! Y'all fasten your seat belts!

This chapter will probably break y'all's hearts just like it did mine while I was writing it! It sucked but this needed to be done!

This is to @JFarley and @RosalineDixon98 blow up that comments section!

Quiet readers! I want to hear from y'all! Speak!

Here's the next chapter, Nords!

--

Then

"Alright, you're doing good Ronnie. One more push and that should do it!" the nurse who was holding my hand said. I gritted my teeth and pushed as hard as I could and suddenly the pain was gone. I heard the most beautiful cry ever. My world felt like it stopped for a minute.

"You did it Ronnie!" the nurse said while rubbing my back. The tears flowed down my face instantly. "Oh honey, don't cry," she said which made me cry harder. A little pink bundle was placed in my arms. She was so tiny but everything about her was perfect.

I didn't even notice anyone else in the room anymore. My eyes were focused on the baby in my arms. "Charlie," I whispered before placing a soft kiss on her forehead. I knew from this moment that my world was about to turn completely upside down.

~~

Now

"Can you watch Charlie for me?" I asked Brittany over the phone while I looked in the mirror one last time. "I thought you were off today? Why do you need me to watch her?" Brittany asked, I sighed, "I am off. I just have to do something," I said.

"You got a hot date I don't know about?" she asked. I put on my shoes and ushered Charlie out the door. "No, I don't have a date. I'm just going to see a certain someone," I said as I looked in the rearview mirror at Charlie who seemed like she didn't care where we were going.

"Oh, I know who you're going to see. It's about time you pulled your head out of your ass," Brittany said. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever I'm pulling into your driveway. I'm hanging up," I said while putting the car in park. I got out and grabbed Charlie and quickly helped her to the front door where Brittany was already waiting.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" she asked as Charlie gave me a hug before running off to play with her cousins. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I don't know. I think so," I said. Brittany smiled softly. "Just be honest, don't be a bitch," she said,

I rolled my eyes and waved bye as I made my way back to my car. The ride to Jeffrey's was quiet. It left me alone with my thoughts. I didn't know how to feel about all of it. I was pulling down the long gravel drive of Jeffrey's farm quicker than what I was wanting too.

I shut off the car and slowly got out. I felt my car keys trembling in my hands. I quickly tucked my hands in my pockets and made my way up the small set of stairs to his front door. My hands were sweating. What was I going to say to him? The nerves started to overtake my body.

My hand got a mind of it's own and knocked on the door. "Shit," I mumbled while tucking my hand back in my pocket. I turned my back to the door and looked out over the property. I instantly loved how quiet and private it was. I turned my head up to the sky as a warm breeze blew through the air.

The door squeaking open interrupted my thoughts. I didn't dare turn around just yet. "Ronnie?" Jeff's voice asked quietly. I breathed out a sigh before slowly turning around. His eyes were full of confusion. "Hi," I whispered softly. I shifted from side to side nervously.