Chapter 18

Hello my lovelies! I have been a little busy in the last month! I'm currently helping my parents build their house along with trying to keep track of my little munchkin and still working! I'm still trying to find a good even balance between some things. I wish writing was a top priority on my list but my child and job come first!

Thank you for all the comments on the last chapter! Wattpad is now taking away the private chapters for a better reading experience. Hopefully that will bring more readers out of the wood works! And I swear to God if someone tries to steal one of my stories again there will be hell to pay!

I hope everyone has been great and ready for the next chapter. You may need to go back and read to make sure you remember what is happening!

Reedus kisses for everyone! Xxxxxxxxx

Here's the next chapter, Nords!

--

Then

It was a slow Monday night at the bar. Barely anybody was in here. Vanessa and I were working by ourselves minus our cook in the back. The bell on the door dinged and I looked up to see one of Jeffrey's friends walking through the door looking around like he was on a mission.

"Usual booth in the back?" I asked him. It was odd for him to be here on a Monday but I didn't think much about it. He shook his head. "Actually I need to talk to you," he said as I grabbed a tub for dirty dishes. "Well, you'll have to follow me while I clean tables," I said.

He nodded and followed me to my first table. "So what's up?" I asked as I started cleaning the table. "Jeffrey told me he asked you out and you denied him," he said. My hand froze while wiping down the table. I grabbed the tub and moved on to the next table with Jeffrey's friend hot on my heels.

"I would've said yes if I hadn't of been set up," I said. He chuckled. "Yeah, hey look. That was my fault. I guess I should've stayed out of it," he said. I looked up at him. "What's your name?" I asked him. "Paul," he said with a smile while holding out his hand.

"Paul, right, well what do you mean you should've stayed out of it?" I asked while moving on to the next table and ignoring his hand. He stuffed his hands in his pockets. "That was me who wrote the note at the bottom of the receipt, not Jeffrey," I looked up at Paul with confusion in my eyes.

"Why would you do something like that?" I asked feeling hurt. I started to walk away not even giving him a chance to answer. His hand wrapped around my upper arm. "Hey, wait. Let me explain," he said. I sighed. "Alright, you got five minutes," I said.

"Jeffrey really likes you. I haven't seen him act like this towards a woman in a while. He does nothing but talk about you, and I know you feel him watching you when he's in here," Paul said. Paul had followed me back to the bar where I placed the bin of dirty dishes under the counter.

I ran a hand through my hair and placed a hand on my hip. "Okay, say I was interested. How are you gonna get him to talk to me? I feel like a bitch now," I said. Paul chuckled. "How much longer until you get off?" he asked me. I looked at the clock.

"About ten minutes," I said. Paul smiled. "Good, you know the park over on 23rd?" he asked. I nodded. "Okay, after work go there. Jeffrey will be shooting ball on the far end basketball court like he does every Monday," Paul said. I bit my lip as Paul started walking towards the door. "Don't disappoint me, Ronnie!" he said before disappearing out the door.

~~

Here I was sitting my car with my headlights off feeling like a complete stalker. I watched as Jeff sunk every shot effortlessly. He was good. It made me wonder why he didn't play basketball full time. Maybe it was just a stress reliever. I watched as he grabbed a bottle of water and chugging half of it before picking up where he left off.