Chapter 15

Second update of the night just because I can!

Thank you to @JFarley for all of the comments on the last chapter!

I'm still waiting to hear from you quiet creepy readers!

Alright next chapter!

Reedus kisses for everyone!

Here we go, Nords!

--

Then

It was another busy night at the bar, It was packed wall to wall with barely any room to move. The music was loud and the air was hazy. The smell of cigarette smoke was strong, but I was used to it by now. The music was so loud that I could feel the bass in my chest.

I was basically dancing around everyone to get the tables cleared and clean, I felt like I couldn't keep up tonight. My shift was half over and I hadn't sat down since I got here. I placed another tub in the back and grabbed another clean one before heading back out on the floor.

The music seemed twenty times louder this time. I walked over to the bar to clear away some of the mess trying to help out the bartenders. "Hey Ronnie!" I turned around to see Vanessa, one of the waitresses, coming at me looking quite frazzled. "What's up?" I asked her.

She grabbed a pen from behind her ear and the notepad out of her apron. "I can't keep up. It's too busy in here tonight. Can you help a girl out? I'll let you have the tips!" she said. I chewed on my lip. "I don't know, Vanessa. I'm not very good at stuff like that," I said.

She smiled while shoving the pen and pad towards me. "It's not hard! Just put a smile on and ask them what they want to drink!" she said. I rolled my eyes. "Fine!" I said. She clapped her hands. "You're the best! I haven't got the table in the back corner yet! Thank you!" she said while running off to help other tables.

I sighed. I quickly straightened my ponytail out before making my way to the table. Plastering a smile on my face I saddled up to the table. My eyes danced over the people in front of me before connecting with one specific person's. My breath caught in my throat.

Of course it had to be this table. "Hi I'm Ronnie. I'll be taking care of you guys this evening. What can I get you guys to drink?" I asked. I practically put my nose to the pad of paper trying to avoid his eyes. I could feel them burning into the side of my head.

The men around the table started rattling off their orders. The only one left was Jeffrey. I looked up and my eyes connected with his again. "And you?" I asked him trying to find my voice. He cleared his throat. "Just a bourbon, straight up," his smoky voice filled my ears for the first time and I could've melted on the spot.

"Uh yeah, okay, Be right back," I said quickly dashing away. My heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest. I went to the bar and handed my ticket to one of the bartenders who took no time in getting the drinks ready for the table. I placed all the drinks on a tray and lifted it high above my head.

"Thank you!" Vanessa called out while helping another table. I flashed her a smile before bumping my way through the crowd. "Here you are gentlemen!" I said as I started handing out the drinks to all the men, Tucking the tray under my arm I gave all the men a smile.

"If y'all need anything else just let me or Vanessa know!" I said before walking off. "You are a lifesaver!" Vanessa said as she linked her arm with mine. "Anytime!" I said as I placed the tray under the counter of the bar and grabbed a tub to keep bussing tables.