01

THIS STORY CONTAINS DEPICTIONS OF ABUSE, ALCOHOL, DRUGS, RAPE AND OTHER TRIGGERING SCENES THAT WILL HAVE WARNINGS. PLEASE READ THESE BOOKS WITH AN OPEN MIND AND REMEMBER TO BE KIND. TRY TO SEE THIS BOOK FROM VALENTINA's POV AND TAKE HER POSITION IN LIFE INTO CONSIDERATION THAT NOT EVERYTHING IS AS IT SEEMS. I DO NOT CONDONE ABUSE OR TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS, NOR DO I OWN RIGHTS TO THE MEMBERS OF ONE DIRECTION OR LILY COLLINS, THEY ARE JUST CHARACTERS FOR THESE SERIES AND ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THEIR REAL SELFS.

HAPPY READING, AND THANK YOU FOR 1M! (12/19/20)

"Hey! Hey, come here!" I whistle to the three black and brown dobermans that stood still, guarding and keeping watch of the gates. "Doggie, come, please." I whine, rolling my head in annoyance as neither of them turned to look in my direction. They hadn't even bothered to give them names, which in my opinion counted for animal cruelty.

I stand back up, sighing as I made my way towards the small garden my mother, sister and I had planted two years ago in the summer. From the corner of my eye, I notice two men in black on the roof, each holding big guns in their hands as they walked from side to side, patrolling the area. There were others that kept their eyes on me as I made my way to the patch of roses, or at least I pretended to do so. Nobody knew I had found a small gap in the wall where I could get a good view into the neighbors backyard.

I would often pretend to be smelling the flowers, but really I was looking at the family next door grilling. The kids playing with each other on a tire swing hanged from a tree, some of them played in the pool while their family dog chased after the ball. How much I wish to have a life as simple as theirs. "Ms. Valentina." I am startled by the sudden voice behind me that made me stand up straight, trying my best to cover the hole.

"Yes?" I say, my heart beating a thousand beats a second, he must've seen the gap and now they are going to close it up and I will have no other choice but to imagine a better life for myself in my room. I won't talk to the neighbors daughter through the wall ever again, and there goes the small bit of social life I had.

"Your father is calling for you." Is what he says before walking away towards the house, assuming I am behind him. I look back one more time before I follow him inside the house where I was sure my father didn't want to know how my day was going. Usually, when I meet with him it's to be transferred somewhere else. I can't stay in one place for more than a month because that only highers the chances that someone might find us. It was like living off a suitcase, and not in a fun way. "Mr. Lombardi, your daughter."

I walk inside his office, the man walks back out leaving me alone with my father who sat behind his desk. The room smelled of tabaco and whiskey, my fathers signature scent. "You wanted to see me?" I ask, sitting on the chair in front of the desk.

He looks up at me before looking back down to some papers. "What kind of trouble have you been getting yourself into, Valentina?" His gravelly voice says.

I recline back on the chair and sigh. "Is it a crime to want to watch more than one movie?" I rhetorically ask. I had gotten in trouble for using the wifi for more than an hour past my bedtime last night. Something about the signals in the router being an easy way someone might track us down and kill us.

However it is that works.

"You know the answer to that." He says and I groan, playing with the trinkets he had on his desk.

"Well you don't really give me much of a choice," I say. "Being so hard on me only makes me want to rebel against you." I mock.

"I will not have you risk your safety or the safety of others here just because you want to explore more of the internet. If I have to reset that password so that you don't use it, I will."

"What do you expect me to do? I'm a prisoner." My father sighs. "I can't go out, I'm watched twenty-four seven and I can't take baths if I wanted because I only have five minutes worth of a shower." I point out just a few of the things I wasn't allowed to do.

"I didn't bring you here to discuss your complaints," he scolds. "I brought you here to make sure that you're aware of your relocation." He says.

"Please tell me I can go live with mom and Mila." I say, hoping it's true but I know I will only be let down. Anywhere else would be better than being in this prison.

"I know how much you hate this, Valentina. But you are my most prized possession. And due to your little antic of wanting to display your identity across the internet, I am resorted to this because every one of my enemies knows exactly who you are and what you are to me. Not to mention that time you were caught outside? You aren't aware of the danger you put yourself in, and you can hate me all you want, but I can not risk you revealing your mother and sisters identities as well."

I look away, wishing I could just get up and leave but I know that if I did, he would have men searching sea and land to find me. "Where am I going this time?" I say defeatedly, there was no way I could keep arguing with him. He always had the last word. "Throwing me off a cliff I hope?"

"Greece is the goal," he replies, ignoring my comment. I look up at him in disbelief.

"Greece?" I say. "But that is so far away." I have never been that far from my family before and I honestly don't think I want to start now. "Surely you're kidding?" He's not really sending me all the way to Europe, is he?

"It only gets more unsafe for you as the days pass. you need to be far away as soon as possible." He writes something down on a paper and calls over his main bodyguard. "Give this to Antonio, make sure this gets sent out to the house in Greece so that they'll be expecting her there."

I shake my head. "No, I can't." I stand up, the chair scraping on the floor. "I won't."

"I am not negotiating with you nor did I ask for your opinion. I am your father and therefore, you will do as I say." His eyebrows mash together in anger. "And don't you dare give the guys a hard time, they are instructed to use whatever method they deem fit to restrain you." He remarks. "It's for your own good, so please have your bags ready. You're leaving in a few days with Clyde."

Without another word from me, I angrily walk away towards my bedroom, making sure to slam the door hard for him to hear.

trailer made by me, i hope you enjoyed.