32

It was only when we were already minutes into driving that I actually felt the adrenaline die down, causing my face and my fingers to hurt. It also hurt when I took in deep breaths, probably from being thrown and pushed harshly onto the floor and the wall by Rick.

I was pretty badly beaten up, my cheek was red from being slapped, my bottom lip bled. My fingernails were broken from scratching his face and I had dry blood on my fingers. The side of my thigh was bruising and scratched up.

Harry hadn't spoken since we left, maybe he was trying not to lash out or maybe he didn't know what to say. This was his fault after all, but I knew fighting wouldn't resolve a thing. When we park outside the house, Harry turns off the car and sighs. "Did you do that to Rick's face?" Harry finally speaks, I turn to him.

He didn't look angry, he looked...concerned. "Yeah," I say, looking down to my fingers. Harry follows my gaze and reaches for my hands. I stiff at this and bite down on my tongue as I feel pain. "I also broke Blaise's nose."

"I saw that." Harry says with a short but faint chuckle. Once he sets down my hands, he looks back up at me, his eyes meeting my own. "Fuck, I'm so sorry." He apologizes and I realize this is the first time I've ever heard him apologize. "This is all my fault."

I nod. "Yeah, it is." I say. There was no point in trying to make excuses, this was all Harry's fault, simple as that. I shake my head, open the car door and get out. Once inside, I close the door behind me and heads turn in my direction. I half expected for everyone to be asleep, not here waiting for me. They all walk towards me, Zayn examines my wounds.

"Fucks sake." His hand goes to the side of my face and I flinch. "What did they do to you?"

"I'm fine," I lie. "I just want to get to bed." The door opens once again and in comes Harry. Zayn walks towards him, pinning him to the door harshly.

"You see what you fucking caused?" Zayn spits, Harry angrily pushes him off.

"You touch me again and I will fucking shoot you." Harry grits, my head pounds the more they argue.

"Guys, let's not do this now." Liam intervenes, standing in between them but he only gets ignored.

"If not now then when?" Zayn retorts. "Look at what happened because he decided to be fucking careless with this mission!"

"I'm pulling my fucking weight!" Harry spits, glaring at Zayn.

"For your own selfish fucking benefit!"

"I don't remember owing you shit!"

"You are meant to be protecting her, not putting her in fucking danger!" Zayn shoves him back and I angrily step in front of Zayn, my eyes glaring at him in a way that I've never done to him before.

"You need to stop acting like you're my fucking knight in shining armor! I think I've already proven the fact that I can take care of myself." I grit and Zayn's eyebrows furrow, I then turn to Harry who looks defensive. "I don't need you to fight over me, I am not yours for you to do that. The only thing you are doing is stressing me the fuck out, now stop fighting over me like I'm some kind of fucking prize that needs to be won." With one last glare to them both, I leave the room that was now silent and head upstairs, slamming my bedroom door behind me.

H.

I remain speechless as Valentina walks away, I hear her door slam a few moments later. Soon, all eyes return to me and it takes my brain a moment to get me to push past them. I only just reach the kitchen when Zayn is on my tracks once again.

"I hope you feel like shit about yourself, I really hope you do." When I look up from the fridge, water bottle in hand, Zayn stood there with arms crossed and a glare on his face.