54

"...I'm sure it'll be fine." I hear a voice say as I close the door to my bedroom behind me. I overslept this morning, missing breakfast and lunch that now it was up to me to make my own food. However, just as I was walking down the stairs I notice Vincent and Harry standing by the door, a new unknown male joins them.

I had my book and the iPod Harry gave me in hand, the earphones wrapped around it as I intended on having a relaxing brunch. "And we can discuss any further questions you may have in my office." I hear Vincent's gravely voice say this time, turning around to show this unknown man the way to his office when he notices me walking down the stairs. "Ah, there she is."

I look between the three men. "What's going on?" I had an inclination this might be the new bodyguard. By the looks of Harry avoiding eye contact, I could tell he was still angry about last night.

"This is Santos, he's in charge of looking after you from now on." Vincent says as I stand in front of them. Santos was about Harry's height with a tan complexion, a buzzcut and a hidden compass tattoo on his forearm. He extends his hand out to me and it takes me a second to comprehend the situation before I shake his hand.

"I think this is all a waste of time if you ask me." I say, taking my hand back. "I don't need a bodyguard, never needed one in the first place." I say the last part with a bit of diss directed at Harry, something he glares at me for.

Vincent clears his throat and walks away. "This way, Santos."

Once Vincent is out of sight, Harry stops Santos. "A tip if you must," Harry says. "Don't let her interfere with your job." Harry's stare is like daggers my way as he leaves. I follow behind but only because he's on his way to the kitchen, a place that I was already going to in the first place.

"Looks like Vincent was quick to find your replacement." I mock, grabbing a pan from the cabinet and eggs and bacon from the fridge.

"I hired him." Harry corrects, serving himself a cup of coffee. Usual Harry behavior.

I hum at this. "In that case, I don't think he's going to be any good at his job then." I jab, adding three pieces of bacon to the skillet. "Maybe this one might actually manage to get me killed."

"Maybe."

The fact that I wasn't succeeding at getting under his skin left me unsatisfied and angry. "You know, I'm glad you're leaving." I turn this time, already annoyed by him. The bacon cracks behind me as I stare angrily at Harry. "You're a fucking coward."

"If you have any concerns, take it up with Vincent. He's the appropriate person to deal with childish theatrics." He was about to take a sip of his coffee but stops to speak again. "Or Santos. You're his problem now." As he says this, I grab the iPod from where I placed it on the counter and throw it carelessly on the table. It makes a loud noise but Harry doesn't seem phased as he continues his actions.

"I fucking hate you." I grit, storming out of the kitchen not caring that I left the skillet on the stove. Hopefully this whole place burns down to—my racing thoughts are stopped when I bump past someone, quickly realizing it was Giza.

"You wanna fucking watch where you're going?" She spits, looking at me with a scowl.

"Go fuck yourself." She was about to walk towards me when Harry appears behind her, grabbing her arm to stop her. He gives her a warning glare that she ignores as she walks past him and into the kitchen.

Harry glances at me but doesn't say anything as he walks back towards the kitchen.

"Hey, Tina." Niall says as he sees me walking outside and towards the group of them outside on the gazebo, sitting around the bonfire they started. The cold wind brushed my face as I made the walk past the pool to be able to reach the group. It was dark, the only light was the crackling fire in the middle. I catch Zayn's eye and he smiles at me, nodding me over to a spot beside him.