07

"Aren't you going to eat?" I ask as I noticed all he was consuming was coffee. We were currently sitting at a diner in a booth away from everyone else but still close to the door.

I on the other hand, was stuffing my face as much as I could since who knew when the next time I'd get to eat would be. "I'm good." He says, looking around the place. "Stay, I'll be back, and remember what I said about opening your mouth." He warns, standing up and leaving his cup behind. He disappears into the back, leaving me alone. This would've been the part in the movie when the viewer shouts at the TV, telling the protagonist to go, escape and not turn back.

But usually the protagonists have somewhere to run to, an address they can give to someone like the police that won't put their family in danger of being locked up for life. Unfortunately, I didn't have the pleasure of being part of a family that wasn't wanted by the police. So I stayed. As I said, I was probably safer with him than I was alone. I decided not to pay too much mind to it as I continued to swallow the delicious waffles that I had before me. I then felt a tap on my shoulder. It was another man.

"I'm sorry to bother you," he begins. "I happened to loose my keys just outside, do you think you can help me?"

I look back in the direction in which Styles left. "Um, I'm sorry I can't really leave here." I say.

"It'll just be for a minute." He was beginning to give me a bad vibe and I'm about to tell him to leave me alone when Styles creeps up behind him, his eyes glaring at the guy.

"Don't fucking talk to her." Styles spits. "Fuck off." And with that, the guy scurries off. I watch as he looks at us one last time before leaving out the doors and when I turn to see Styles, he's glaring at me too. "What part of keep your mouth shut and don't talk to anyone do you not fucking understand?" He says, growing irritated.

"I didn't say anything—"

"What did he want?" Styles pushes.

"He asked if I could help him find his keys, I'm not an idiot I wasn't planning on it." I say. Styles looks to the direction of the parking lot and sure enough, the man was sitting in a pick up truck, watching us.

"Lets go." He helps me out of the booth and we exit the diner, going towards the back where Styles parked the car. Once inside, he loads his gun.

"You're not going to kill him, are you?" I ask, afraid that he might.

"This just goes to show you that I don't fuck around," he says. "Keep your mouth shut next time or that's another dead body on your hands." The man had turned his truck on just as we were passing by.

"Wait, please don't!" I look towards Styles with pleading eyes. "I promise I won't talk to anyone anymore." But I'm afraid I'm too late when he lowers my window and sticks his hand out, shooting his gun. The noise was silenced by the silencer and I hold my breath until I realize that he's only just shot at the wheels to avoid him following us.

When I look to Styles, he's clenching his jaw and fixates his gaze to the road ahead.

I spent the car ride trying to think of a logical explanation as to why the first guys from the gas station tried to kill us. Surely my father wouldn't have sent people like that to come and find me. They'd think of a tactical way to get me out of harms way, not to put me in it. Then there was the guy from the diner. What the hell was he even trying to do? My mind also came back around to Clyde. My father specifically went to him to take me to safety. He met with him for a week to go over the routes he would have to take that made it safe for us to cross.

If he was meant to protect me, how does Styles fit into the picture? Did my father find out something horrible about Clyde? Was Clyde actually a bad guy? Do they want me dead?

"I'm so confused." What was meant to be said quietly to myself, I say out loud to where Styles hears me.

He turns to me. "What are you talking about?"

I sigh. "Are people out to protect me or to kill me?" Did I really fuck myself over by logging into my secret Facebook account? All I wanted was some friends, someone to talk to for a change. Did I really expose my identity badly enough to where my father had to send my mother and sister away to avoid them being exposed as well?

Styles looks away. "You're the daughter of a Mafia boss," he points out. "I think you might be smart enough to figure this out on your own."

"But why be out to kill me?" I ask. "And why did you kill Clyde?" Styles obviously had the answers to this. Answers that he wasn't giving me, for what reason I don't know.

"You can't trust anyone." Is what he says. "The Mafia world is unsuitable for weak people. Often times, trust is broken no matter who you are or what you are to somebody. You can not rely on trust, not even on those closest to you."

"So then I can't trust you?"

"You can trust that I'll get you home safely."