10

Louis, Niall and I played UNO for about two hours before Styles kicked them out. I must say that in a twisted kind of way, I actually enjoyed it despite the situation I was in of basically having been kidnapped by a man that claimed to be protecting me. I had forgotten about that for the past two hours and allowed myself to pretend that it was just another Friday night when my mother and sister would have game and movie nights.

Styles, who I came to know the name of as Harry, spent his time on his laptop, ignoring us banter over what was allowed in UNO and what wasn't. It almost reminded me of my father and how he was never involved in family time. How he was always working and always angry for some unknown reason.

"Don't get used to it, I didn't know they'd be coming, I would've had you tied in the bathroom all night if I knew." He says, closing his laptop and rubbing his temples.

I ignore his comment and look at him. "Who are they?" I ask, pushing my chair in. I watch as Styles locks the front door.

"If you want to survive in this world, you'll come to understand that the less you know the better. It is also none of your business." There he was. Being secretive and getting on my nerves once again. I hated not knowing what was going on and I honestly didn't know how much of it I could take.

"Just tell me what the hell's going on!" I raise my voice. "You kidnap me and expect me to trust that you're not actually going to sell me off somewhere or have me killed?" Just as he was walking away, my hands ball into fists and I grab the closest thing to me which happened to be a unopened bar of soap. I throw it at him and miss. "Get back here and tell me, Harry!" His name slips out and he stops dead in his tracks and turns to stalk towards me, the glare in his eyes showing me how intimidating he actually is.

"Don't you say my fucking name ever again." He grits lowly in front of my face, his eyes shooting daggers at me and I flinched because of how close to my face he was. Nobody had ever talked to me this way. And it scared me, the way he grit his teeth and narrowed his eyes at me with such hatred.

All because I said his name?

I glare at him in anger and shove him away but he doesn't even stumble. "It's time for you to go to sleep." He walks away, but I stand my ground. There was no way I was going to do what he says, I'm sick of him. When he notices that I'm not moving, he turns around, an angry look on his face. "Are you fucking deaf? I gave you an order." He says, raising his voice.

"I'm tired of you bossing me around and treating me like a dog!" I snap, gaining back the courage to protect myself against this man, which happened to be very slim but here I was. "I'm a person." I cross my arms. "A very important one and my father is your boss which makes me superior to you."

"I could give a fuck less who your father is!" he stalks towards me once more. "I gave an order, now do it before I loose my fucking patience." Styles grits, death in his eyes. There was a harsh lump in my throat, threatening to choke me if I dared to open my mouth once more, but I wasn't going to allow him to keep treating me this way. We were fine a few moments ago, I don't know why he's acting like a bitch again all of a sudden.

"I want to talk to my father." I demand after swallowing the lump in my throat, I stand my ground. He was going to hear about the way Styles was treating me, that's for sure.

"No." He simply says.

"No?" I glare. "If I want to talk to my father, I have every right to. Now get me a fucking phone!" Without a word else from Styles, he pulls out his gun and points it at me, watching me with those dark green eyes that haunted my sleep each night. My blood runs cold at this.

"I said go to sleep." His voice was low and intimidating. He maintains eye contact with me, not once lowering his gun. It was as if my fight or flight instinct was triggered and without much thought, I quickly rush to the front door and make a run for it, ignoring his shouts for me to come back but I kept running. I didn't know where but all I knew is if I spent another second in that room, one of us would die. "Valentina!" He shouts behind me and I hear his heavy boots running behind mine.