46

I replayed tonight's events in my head over and over and over again. What I said to Vincent was without a doubt, cruel—but I meant every word. He wasn't anything to me, regardless of what he or anybody says. I wonder what Alfio and Vincent had to say to Harry? For a fact I knew Harry wouldn't break, if it was up to me I would've looked Alfio in his face and confessed to what I did, not out of fear but out of pure malice.

I hated Rick and I sure as hell don't regret what I did.

The sound of a door slamming shut makes me sit up from bed and follow the sudden noise outside my balcony window. The air tonight was colder than usual, as soon as I stepped onto the balcony I could practically see my breath turn into smoke. Below, Harry stalks out into view a lit cigarette between his fingers. I don't think he notices me watching him quiet yet but maybe it's because I'm in the dark and he's much focused on whatever it is that's bothering him.

A second person joins him outside and I see it's Zayn and he looks angry as he stalks towards Harry in a very domineering manner. "What the hell is your problem?" I hear Zayn say.

"Was that not what happened?" Harry now says. "Whose idea was it to tag her along? Certainly it wasn't mine."

"You're just a goddamn snake in the fucking grass, aren't you?" Harry ignores him after this and that seems to anger Zayn as he walks away, kicking a beach chair in the process. I knew what they were talking about immediately, Zayn did let me tag along but it certainly wasn't his idea. I'm surprised he hasn't come in here and yelled at me for getting him in trouble.

I watch as Harry paced the lawn, angrily finishing off his cigarette. It didn't take a genius to assume something was obviously bothering him. The longer I stared at him from my balcony, the more time it gave him to look up and see me standing here.

Shit.

I walk back inside my room to where I'm out of sight and hope that he didn't actually see me. After a while, I look back outside and he was gone. There's no way he didn't see me interrupting his alone time. I decide that the weather was too cold to bare and close my balcony door, my arms rubbing each other for warmth.

Just as I'm reaching my bed, my bedroom door opens and it's Harry. For some reason, I hold my breath and prepare myself for his anger. "What are you doing awake?" Is what comes out of his mouth, only he doesn't stop walking towards me and I find myself walking back towards my bed until the back of my knees buck and I sit down on it.

"I got a headache," I say and point towards the bottle of Tylenol on the side of my bed. When I look back at Harry, he's pushing me back on the bed, his lips on mine. I hadn't realized how long it had been the last time we were in this position, but the feeling never really quite went away. His hands on my skin ignited a sensation of burning, hints of mint and nicotine on his mouth swallowed me whole.

However, just as he was kissing on my jaw down to my neck, he stops himself and sits down. As much as I want to question him on what that was about, I don't and simply sit up and recompose myself. "What did Alfio say?" I ask after clearing my throat.

At the mention of his name, Harry looks away and sighs in annoyance but not annoyance directed at me, but at the situation. "He offered me a job."

I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion. "A job?" I repeat his words and he hums. "What does that mean?"

"He wants me to find whoever it was that killed Rick." Harry looks at me now, his eyes boring into mine. I'd be lying if what he said didn't leave me speechless, but another part of me knew Harry wouldn't let that happen.

"What are you going to do?" I ask after a minute. "What did you say?"

"Well I took it. We can't exactly have him suspect either of us, can we?" Harry looked tense now, I could practically see his back muscles through the black shirt. "For fucks sake, Valentina." He mutters, standing abruptly from the bed.