15

Liam kept his promise of having me back inside. Fair enough though because I was exhausted. It felt like all I did now was sleep and not eat as much. I begin to remove my socks and take my leggings off before I hear a voice speak from somewhere in my dark room. "Are you done having fun?" It's Styles, I quickly pull my shirt farther down and turn to the door frame where he was.

"What are you doing in here?" I scold, watching as he walked over to the drawers that I hadn't used just yet. He takes out clothes.

"Came for my stuff." He says. "And to make sure you're inside to lock you in." Once he finishes taking the clothes, he looks at me.

"Was this your old room?" I ask, sitting down on the bed and pulling the blankets up my waist to hide my lack of clothes. He hummed in confirmation and went over to the closet, grabbing a blanket and pillows. "Where are you going to sleep?" I ask.

"You're waking up early tomorrow morning. You should get to bed." He says before shutting the door, hearing him punch in the code shortly after and wiggling the doorknob to make sure the door is locked.

I sigh, putting my hair up in a bun before laying down, snuggling to the pillows and falling fast asleep.

I woke up to the sound of something falling in the room making me jolt awake. The first thing I see is Styles looking at me as he picks up a chair that he more than likely dropped on purpose. "Oh good, you're up." He says.

I groan, falling back on the bed, not at all wanting to leave the comfortness of it. "What time is it?"

"Five thirty." He says and I feel him yank the bedsheets off my body making me take them back quickly, I still didn't have my bottoms on. "Let's go." He walks out of the room. Clearly staying in bed all day was out of the question.

Why the hell would he wake me up this early?

I stood up from bed, going over to my bag on the floor to take out a pair of skinny jeans, my black boots and a grey hoodie. I noticed the black shirt that Styles had lend me to clean my lip up in my bag. I would give it to him later, I focus on brushing my teeth before leaving my hair in the messy bun from last night. I go downstairs to see nothing but darkness except for the backyard light. The whole house was quiet and I realize we must be the only ones awake at this time.

Once outside, a cold gust of wind and light rain hit my face. I was glad for my choice of clothing. I was definitely not used to this kind of weather, Mexico was almost always hot even in the winter. The lowest was merely sixty-two degrees and I've only seen snow once, if you can call light, practically nonexistent sleet snow.

"Hey!" I hear Styles call out to me from the distance, breaking me out of my thoughts on cold weather. "Move your ass!"

I grumble as I walk through the sloshy ground full of wet leaves and mud. Styles is near the lake setting guns, ammunition and magazines on a tree stump when I reach him. "What are we doing out here?" I ask, rubbing my eyes from the sleep I was interrupted from. My arms go back to their wrapped around position on my body, trying my best not to chatter my teeth from the cold.

"What's your take on guns?" Styles asks, picking up a magazine and loading four bullets in the magazine. He then grabs the black pistol and loads it.

Watching him do this at such speed kind of made my skin crawl. I didn't necessarily have a phobia of guns, but I wasn't exactly thrilled about being at such proximity to them.

"My take is that I don't like them." I say, crossing my arms as I yawn.

"Just come here." He ignores me making me groan and walk forward, Styles motions to the gun he just took apart after loading. "Load it." He orders. I watch the four bullets laid out on the cut tree stump along with the empty magazine. I did know how to load one so I did what I already knew, putting them in one by one. "You have to be faster than that." He says, grabbing the magazine from my hand and taking the bullets out. "Do it again. Faster this time." He says and I huff but try again. This time a few fall to the wet ground making him snatch it from me and do it himself, quickly adding the bullets inside the magazine and loading the gun before pointing at the trees on the other side of the lake with a faded red X and evident bullet holes. "Just like that."

I practice loading it like he told me to for what felt like hours until I finally got it and the sun was now out. "Now, you're going to shoot it." He says, grabbing a gun for himself. "Pull back the chamber to load it." He says and does it to his. As I tried, the chamber was hard to pull but I managed. "Now shoot it."

My finger hovers over the trigger, I focus on the X and just as I concentrate my mind begins to run and my heart beats fast. I was terribly afraid of loud noises, my hand practically trembled. I sigh. "I don't want to." I say, turning to him with the gun. Styles points my hand away, placing his hand over my own and finger on the trigger. Without hesitation, he shoots. He keeps my arm from moving back from the recoil of the gun and my hand vibrates.

I was taken aback by this and I knew he was mad. "Tell me something," he snatches the gun from my hand. "If there is someone trying to fucking kill you and you have a gun in your hand, are you not going to protect yourself?" He asks angrily and I knew he had a point. "Learning to defend yourself is primary instinct. If you have the means to survive, you're going to pull that fucking trigger, now reload it again and shoot your fucking gun." He grits.

"I said I don't want to." I retort, still refusing, I glared at him.

"People who are afraid of guns bug the shit out of me."

"It's a genuine fear," I point out. "Seeing as guns kill people, surely you can see where I'm coming from."

"People kill people, a gun isn't going to shoot itself." He retorts. "In the Mafia world, guns are your only source of survival. You either live if you know how to use them, or die if you don't. I'm not going to always be there to protect you, so whenever you're in danger you'll know how to use a gun. In this life, you don't have time to be afraid of anything."

"Having fears is your body's way of keeping you alive." I say. "You're clearly breathing, so what are you afraid of?" I watch as he puts the guns and ammo back in his duffel bag. He then slings the bag over his shoulder.

"Fear is for children," Styles says. "We're doing this again tomorrow, so I suggest you lose that fear before I have to make you." He says, walking past me without even looking at me once.

After a while of being alone outside, I finally decide to go inside. The guys are all seated around the kitchen table eating cereal before they tear their attention from the TV to us. "That's how you know Styles is back." Niall says. "When you hear gunshots at five o'clock in the fucking morning." He grumbles, we seemed to have awoken him. "You'd think he'd learn to use a fucking silencer for once."

"Come have breakfast with us, Tina." Louis says, calling me by the nickname again. Literally no one but my sister called me that and that only made me miss her even more.

I wanted to call them.

Zayn stood up and pulled out a chair next to him and smiled at me. "Come on." He says and I turn to Styles who was behind the kitchen island glaring at Zayn.

"Are you going to have breakfast with us?" I ask, making him look at me before he looks back at Zayn, a cup of coffee in his hand.

"No," He fixes the duffel bag on his shoulder and grabs his laptop from the kitchen counter. "Enjoy." Styles says before walking away upstairs.