17

"Alright, listen up!" I hear Liam say loud and clear from the kitchen. I was in the living room, laying down on the couch watching the ceiling fan and he had been in the kitchen for the past thirty minutes, taking note of what was missing. "I need someone to do a shop run." I perk up at this.

"Niall and I went last time." Louis points out, sitting on the now empty space on the couch. He took a big swig of his beer before he finishes it and raises the bottle up. "We're out of beer, might wanna write that down, Payno."

"I can go." I volunteer making them look at me as if I said some kind of a joke. But it wasn't a joke. In my eighteen years of being alive, never did my parents take me grocery shopping. In fact, my parents never went grocery shopping. They had people for that because it was safer. I was born in that house and I stayed in that house, only ever leaving when things got bad and then I would go right back.

"You say that to tight ass over there and he might just murder you." Louis remarked from beside me, snickering a laugh.

"It's just groceries, where am I going to run to?" Styles has already made it his point that I was not meant to be on my own. Given, the first time I tried to escape him I almost got raped and maybe even murdered. He was right, I couldn't trust anyone.

Especially him.

"Tell you what, Valentina and I will go so she can get some time away from you fuckers." Zayn speaks up as he enters the room. He nods for me to stand up and follow so I do, a smile on my face. As soon as we reach the front door, Styles comes downstairs noticing Zayn and I by the door.

He furrows his eyebrows. "Where do you think you're going?"

"We're going to get groceries." I answer and he looks to Zayn in question.

"And what makes you think you get a say if she goes or not?"

"She's been locked up in here for over a week, give her a break." Zayn retorts, looking irritated but so did Styles.

"A break?" He comes down the stairs and stands in front of us, intimidating as ever. "You know damn well why we can't give her 'a break'."

Zayn sighs in annoyance. "We need groceries today." Liam says, breaking the tension. "You either go or don't but Valentina has to be fed and so do we."

"She goes where I go." Styles remarks, pushing past us making me stumble. When he sees I'm not behind him, he looks at me expectantly. "Either you come with or you stay but you're not going to get to leave the house again."

"I was going with Zayn." I cross my arms and stand close to him making Styles glare at me.

"Change of plans, birdie. You've got driving lessons today." Birdie? I hear Zayn let out an annoyed sigh before turning to me.

"I'll see you when you get back." He tells me before glaring at Styles and leaving upstairs. I look back to notice the guys looking at us as if this conversation called for them.

"What?" Styles barked and they look away. Liam came over to me and gave me a list of groceries to buy but Styles snatched it from his hands and walked out the door. At this, Liam gives me a sympathetic look and walks away.

As I got inside the familiar car, I put my seatbelt on, cross my legs and my arms and look straight ahead, ignoring the fact that he kept his seatbelt off. The dinging sound of the seatbelt and the loud AC getting on my nerves as he drove. "You're strangely silent today, I didn't think you even knew what silence was." He says, keeping his gaze to the road ahead making me look away out the window. He was an asshole towards me just last night, now he's expecting for me to speak to him? "If you're upset that I took time away from you being with your boyfriend—"