34

It seems like the tension in the house was even more persistent now than ever before, especially between Harry and Zayn. I don't know what kind of relationship they had before I came in but being around them while in the same room was suffocating.

I knew I needed to make time to apologize to Zayn about how harsh I was the other night, he of everyone doesn't deserve that especially if all he wanted was to help me. I knew Zayn meant well, but I don't need him sticking up for me when I can do that myself. Last night with Harry was a relief, I'm glad him and I talked, even if it was later at night than I had intended to.

As most days go, the six of us were stuck inside the house with nowhere that we needed to be. The guys were downstairs with the exception of Harry because he was upstairs with me. He must've been so tired last night because he had unintentionally fell asleep on the foot of my bed, curled up. I woke up long before him, went downstairs for both breakfast and lunch and when I came back, Harry was up with the usual furrow between his eyebrows.

He looks at his watch and rubs the sleep off his eyes. "You're up." I say as I approach him with a cup of coffee. He looks up at me and to the cup. When I hand it to him, I speak again. "What did you have in mind today? Please tell me it involves getting us out of here for the day." I pray.

"Driving test." Harry mumbles behind the steaming cup of pure black coffee. I never understood how some people managed to even swallow that, it was like spicy water and it didn't feel good going down either. "Get dressed, I'll see you downstairs in five." Without another word or another look, Harry gets up from the foot of the bed and walks out.

Sometimes it caught me off guard that fact that Harry was a man of few words. I end up doing what he says, I brush my teeth, put on some black skinny jeans that had some rips at the thighs. I throw on some dark grey leg warmers for the weather outside under my black calf rise combat boots. I finish it off with a grey hoodie with some college name on the front.

Just as I'm finishing off, I begin to hear chatter right outside my door and by the sound of the angry elevated tone, I can tell this won't end good.

When I open my bedroom door, Harry and Zayn stand in front of the stairs with Zayn dangerously close to the edge. "...Give me a fucking break, I'm only doing what I have to."

"And you're fucking that up too! I wouldn't even be surprised if her father gets to fucking kill you, that's if you don't manage to get anyone else to do it for him."

"Valentina," Harry says ignoring Zayn and catching glimpse of me. "Let's go."

"You're not taking her anywhere." Zayn grits. "If I remember clearly, I told you to stay away from her."

"You don't get to tell me how to do my fucking job." Harry spits, anger laced in his voice and I was afraid if he shoved Zayn, he might push him down the stairs.

"Someone has to." Zayn retorts and before I know it, Harry's fist collides with his face, making his head jerk to the side. It all happened so fast. They were throwing punches at each other back and forth and when Zayn had managed to get on top of him, he managed to punch Harry repeatedly.

This went on for a while, my pleas went unheard but the got the attention of the guys downstairs, they quickly joins us just as Harry pushes Zayn off and in a quick motion, Harry points his gun at Zayn's face. Blood dripping from his injured nose.

"Harry!" Liam shouts his name. "Put down the fucking gun!" The remaining guys were now surrounding Zayn and Harry, Liam had his hand on his gun as a precaution.

"Go ahead," Zayn says, spitting blood on the floor. "Kill me. Let's see if you don't manage to fuck that up too." He grits and Harry loads the gun, his face remained angry and hard as stone as he held Zayn's life in his hands.