44

NEW TRAILER, MOVIE VERSION.

"No you—you have to hold it like this," Roman says, taking the joint back from me. I watch as he brings it to his lips and inhales the smoke, holds it for a few seconds before exhaling. He coughs once and offers it back to me. I repeat Roman's actions and mimic him, I hold in the smoke this time and erupt in a fit of coughs, Roman laughs at this. "I think maybe you should stick to drinking."

He was right, I still was in my right state of mind and could still remember every single bit of the conversation Vincent and I had. I grab the neck of the wine bottle and throw my head back, the bittersweet liquid runs down my throat. I had completely disregarded the glasses. Roman and I had gone a couple of miles away from the house and the party, we were sitting on a bench under an orchard tree.

I guess part of the reason why I'm not completely breaking down right now is thanks to the improper puffs from Roman's joint and the wine. "So what made you come find me?" Roman asks, blowing away the smoke.

"I rather not answer," I say truthfully. The whole point of this was trying to forget everything that happened an hour ago. "This party is such a bore." I say.

"Yeah," Roman chortled. "But my father and Vincent have been good friends for years, since before I was even born so I guess that's part of the reason why I was strung along."

I realize Roman and I had been completely sitting in silence, with the exception of him teaching me how to properly smoke a joint. "I'm sorry, I never really asked—" I begin. "How old are you?"

"Really?" He scrunches his nose, rolls his eyes and rests his back against the tree trunk. "I'm twenty-two, originally I'm from California before my mother kicked me out of the house and now I live with my father. Is that your questions being answered?"

I giggle and nod. Before I'm able to speak again, we are joined by a man who by the looks of it is Roman's father because Roman quickly throws away the joint. "Ah, Roman. I see you've already met Valentina, good. I'm glad the awkward introduction isn't needed." The man reaches his hand out to me. "Vincent has told me so much about you."

I shake his hand promptly and feel Roman's eyes on me. "I don't think he knows me enough to be telling people about me." I say without it sounding too bitchy.

"Vincent's your father?" Roman queries.

"Can you excuse us for a second, Valentina? I would like to be able to speak to my son alone." Without another word and a sole nod, I stand up from the bench and begin to walk towards the house. The ground felt soft as I walked and I knew I wasn't in the right state to walk through people so I walk in through the kitchen doors. Surprisingly it was empty, unlike this morning.

There were trays of martini's set on the table and I grab one. I wasn't tired enough to go back in my room nor did I want to go back in there. I figured I had been cooped up in there since my arrival and hadn't really properly walked through the house, which very much resembled a museum.

It felt weird to walk alone, I was just getting used to have Harry on my back. Speaking of, I haven't seen him for a good while now. With the martini glass on one hand, my free one drags across the wall, following the patterns. I don't know how many turns I must've taken, but I was now in the foyer of a hallway with a big brown door at the end. I was about to turn back around until I heard the sound of something rattling.

I down the martini and set the glass aside on a bench and follow the sound. The door was ajar and when I reach it, I can audibly hear moans. I wanted to turn around and leave but my hands beat me to it when I push the door open. Before me I could see Giza, the girl I met when I first arrived. She was bent over some counter, moaning.