23

"Good morning, Val." I hear as soon as I exit my room. When I look in the direction of the voice, it's Zayn. He's shirtless with a towel over his shoulder, his hair wet.

I smile. "Good morning." I say, fiddling with my fingers. I immediately felt guilty about blowing him off last night to hang out with Harry. As if it was an instinct, I looked towards Harry's room, the door was closed. "What are you up to today?" I ask Zayn, trying to distract myself of what happened last night.

"I was going to run down to the grocery store today, want to come with?" He asks and just as I was about to answer, another voice joined.

"She's coming with me to the gym." Harry says, coming behind Zayn who looks at him already annoyed.

Zayn turns back to me, raising a brow. "Valentina?" He says expectantly. Both men were now looking at me, expecting an answer. What kind of parallel universe am I living in to have two hot men fight over me? This was like a fever dream.

I really wanted to leave the house, but I didn't want to go grocery shopping as I learned last time with Harry that grocery stores aren't exactly fun. "I think I'll go with Harry." I say quietly. Harry says nothing and walks past Zayn, nodding to me to follow him. "We're still on for movies tonight though." I say to him making him nod and go inside his room.

I sigh, following after Harry who was already downstairs. "Where are we going, really?" I say making him look at me.

"Where I said we'd go." He says, walking out the door with me behind him. Once inside the car, I buckle up and expect him to do the same but he only starts the car. "What?" He questions as I stared at him.

"Can you please put your seat belt on." I say, earning a weird look from Harry.

"What for?" He turns a corner harshly making me hold onto the dashboard for leverage.

"It just makes me nervous with the way you drive." I say but he only chuckles and keeps driving, not putting it on. After a while of him driving, we reach a few abandoned buildings and he parks in front of a graffitied building. He reaches behind the back seats as I'm unbuckling my seatbelt slowly, gazing the place in question.

"Let's go." He says, nodding his head as he gets out of the car. When we go inside the building, I am hit with the bitter smell of cigarettes and sweat making me gag.

"Why'd you want me to come with you?" I say, plugging my nose with my fingers. "This place is disgusting, it smells like something died."

"You mean someone," Harry says in my ear though I'm sure he was only teasing. He brings my hand down from my nose. "Just take it all in, we're gonna be here for a while." He places his duffel bag on an empty bench and takes his black shirt off and stuffs it inside his duffel bag. In the poor sunlight, I can see his chest and the various tattoos in dark ink on his skin.

I look at one in the middle of his chest and laugh, earning a glare. "I didn't take you as the type to have a butterfly as a tattoo." I mock and he scoffs.

"What fucking butterfly?" He grumbles and I press my finger to his chest on the ink. He follows my finger and looks back up at me with furrowed brows. "It's a very obvious moth." Harry slaps my hand away and grabs a pair of old beaten black boxing gloves with red stripes on the wrists, a few patches of grey tape on what I can assume are holes. He comes over to me and makes me secure them on his hands.

"It's a very obvious tramp stamp." I say between laughs.

"Shut up and hold that down for me." Harry says, grabbing the hanging punching bag.

"I'm just saying, what bet did you lose?" I continue to mock him and without warning, he punches the bag with such force it makes me stumble back. As I recollect myself, Harry chortles and I see a deep set of dimples.

That's the first time I hear him laugh.

"If you're going to have me hold it, go softer next time." I hiss, rubbing my cheek where the bag hit me from his force. Harry rolls his eyes and the dimples as well as his grin is gone, I almost feel sad.

"Now tell me," He says, steadying the bag in place and I hold it. "Where's the fun in going soft?" He says in an almost seductive like tone before punching the bag once more, harder than the last time but I hold my ground. After ten minutes of this, he removes his gloves and reaches for a brand new pair. When he walks to me, he grabs my shirt and pulls me in. "Show me what you've got, Birdie." Harry says as he straps the gloves on my hands.

"That should be easy." I say making him hum as he stands behind the bag, holding it in place. When I punch it, the bag doesn't move and it's hard causing it to hurt my hand.

"Never underestimate the power of your opponent." He says, coming behind me. "And your posture is fucking horrendous." Harry uses his foot to push my left leg a bit behind and the other in front before positioning my arms in front of my face. "Never let down your guard. Your face is your weakest spot, protect it at all costs, when you go to throw a punch immediately put your arms back in front of your face." He says, looking towards a male who joins us. "Keep going."

I watch as he walks away, putting his gloves back on. It seemed that the new man was his personal trainer as the man wears platform gloves and I watch as Harry punches them. I go back to the bag and practice my hits, taking Harry's advice on my hits and stance. I sneak glances at him and the way his toned body glistens with sweat. He was wearing a bandana to hold his curls back but some managed to stick to his clammy red face.

After a good while of boxing, I stop when my arms feel like they're on fire. As I'm walking to the bench and take the gloves off, I feel someone behind me making me turn to see a shirtless man, a sun tattoo on his left peck and he towered over me. "Are they letting girls in here now?" He asks as I pull my hair into a bun

I look around, trying to find Harry but he was nowhere in sight. I also notice that the duffel bag was gone. He didn't leave me here, did he? "I'm here with someone." I keep it short, hoping they leave before Harry gets back and yells at me for talking to people. I reach for the water bottle Harry brought with us and I take a drink.

"So I see," He says, looking me up and down. "You with Styles?"

Who is this and why is he so interested? "If you're asking if I came here with him then yes," I say. "And I don't think you should be talking to me."

"And why's that, princess?" My skin crawls at the pet name. Before I can tell him to fuck off, Harry walks up behind him and stands next to me. He was taller than the guy by a few inches and gives him the glare of death.

"Did you lose something, Rick?" Harry speaks, not once taking his eyes off of him.

Rick smirks. "Relax, guard dog. I was just asking your lady friend where you were. It's been a while since we've seen you around. Prison treat you good?"

"The fuck do you care?"

"Jeez," Rick chuckles, putting his hands up in surrender and backing up slowly. He then turns to me. "Later princess." He winks at me and I glare at him with crossed arms. Harry was basically shaking with anger at this point making him grab my forearm unexpectedly. I noticed he no longer had the duffel bag.

"Let's go."

"Slow down!" I say as he was basically dragging me towards the door. Once we were outside I pull away from him and he glares at me.

"I thought I had told you not to talk to people while I'm away?" He basically shouts in my face making me flinch.

"He started talking to me before I realized you had left and don't yell at me!" I push at his chest but he doesn't budge. "Besides, you were the one that brought me along," I point out. "I could've been with Zayn if it wasn't for you!"

"I don't want you around him, is that so fucking hard for you to comprehend?"

"Why not?" I yell, people watching us fight but I ignore them.

"Because you're mine!" He yells at me making me flinch. It takes me a moment to process what he's just let out.

"What?" I say, almost in disbelief.

"I mean you're assigned to me." Harry corrects himself, grabbing the bridge of his nose. "Let's just go." He walks past me and towards the parking lot where the car is.

I follow right after, feeling like someone is watching me.

Get The Girl [h.s] AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें