04

I jolt awake when I realize that we've gone over a pothole. When I look around I see that I was still tied in the backseat and the man was still driving, not daring to stop at least once. I had a major headache after I cried silently in the backseat for at least two hours until I decided to finally sleep, I was also dehydrated. And then I was back to being scared for my life and I wanted nothing more than to curl up into a ball and wish I was back in my bedroom, guards outside my door.

What if my father set this whole thing up? What if he wanted to scare me into obedience because I give him so much shit? Was it really that bad?

I saw the stranger glance at me through the rear view mirror before he looks back to the road, the furrow between his eyebrows never leaving. "Where are we?" I ask, looking around the moving truck, the roads weren't gravel anymore it was actual road and I was beginning to panic again.

"Texas." He says, keeping it short. I still had no idea where the destination was or how much longer of this trip I had to endure to see what was actually going on. He did say he was sent to protect me, but that is the part I was most confused by. My father had specifically assigned Clyde to the job because according to my father he was fit for the role. He was his new recruit and  he showed ambition and determination, something not all his other men had.

The uncomfortable sensation in my bladder made me realize that we'd been in this same truck for over a day now and not once had I gone to the bathroom. "I need to pee." I mumble, breaking the silence once more but that didn't seem to help as he pretended like he didn't hear what I had said and just kept driving. I give it a second in hopes that he looks at me but when he doesn't, I speak again. "I said I need to pee."

"I heard you the first time." He retorts, still not bothering to stop.

"Okay?"

"Not my problem." He retorts, his eyes still focused on the road.

"I will pee on your seat." I threatened, willing to do it if I had to. When he doesn't answer, I speak once more. "I mean it." I watch him through the rear view mirror and he does the same, his eyebrows furrowed with an annoyed look on his face. He then swerved to the side of the road abruptly making my head hit the window again but he didn't seem to care, he did it on purpose. He turns off the car and removes the keys, probably as a safety method but it's not like I knew how to drive to do it. He walks towards my side, the gun in his hand before he yanks the door open and practically drags me out, giving his back to me.

"Hurry up." He says, making me stand awkwardly as my hands were still tied to my back, I noticed I had no shoes and was in socks.

"Can you untie me?" I hesitantly ask, "I can't pull my shorts down." I say but he stood his ground making me roll my eyes. "We're in the middle of nowhere. There's absolutely nowhere for me to run to, can you please untie me?" I plead, all I cared about was giving my bladder the relief it needed. I didn't want to get an infection, especially since he probably won't take me to see a doctor.

I heard him sigh in annoyance before he turned, taking a pocket knife out of his pocket and cutting the tape, releasing my wrists and my ankles allowing me to quickly slide my shorts down and kneel, practically sighing as I did my business. Once I finished, I pulled my shorts back up and he turns around, the role of tape in his hands. "Please don't, I have nowhere to go."

"I don't care."

"Didn't you say you were here to protect me? So then act like it. I'm not a prisoner. You already have a gun how much restriction am I going to get?" I say and walk towards the passenger side of the truck and buckle myself up. I saw him glare at me before he went around the truck and got in, putting the child safety lock on my door making me roll my eyes. "Can you at least turn the radio on?" I ask once he started driving again.