25

Large hands with fingers covered in rings trailed their way up my thighs, cupping my breasts in the process but his hands don't stay for long as he wraps them around my neck lightly trying not to hurt me. "Such a pretty neck," Harry whispers and leans down to plant soft chaste kisses to my neck. The kisses soon turn into massages with his tongue and I wrap my legs around his waist. "You're an eager little Birdie, aren't you?" He runs his lips from the crook of my neck to my jawline and bites my skin gently.

His green eyes were filled with lust and his pink lips were swollen from our hot make out session just minutes prior. I reached up to cup his face, to feel him in my hands but he grabbed my wrists, preventing me from doing so. He wanted to have full control and I was okay with that.

"Valentina." He breathes out, only it wasn't him. His voice changed into Zayn's and when I open my eyes, Zayn was the one hovering over me, ridding my thoughts of it ever being Harry. "Valentina?" He says again and this time Zayn was standing beside my bed, a worried expression on his face. "I told them not to wake you since you told me you needed some rest but it's almost five in the afternoon and I thought you should come down to eat something."

I look around my room. The bed beside me was empty and there was no signs of Harry. Was I dreaming? Did I dream the whole thing? So then that must mean Harry and I didn't really kiss—right? It couldn't have been a dream, it felt so real.

Zayn waved his hand in front of my face, dragging me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry," I say, getting out of bed. I use my hands to brush out my hair, it was getting to be so long.

"I hate to ask the same questions over and over again, but are you alright?" When I look at him he held a worried expression on his face.

I muster a small smile and a nod. We both go downstairs to see the guys all around the table, eating food, except for Harry, of course. I turn to Zayn. "Where is he?" I ask to which Zayn shrugs.

After we eat, I stay on the table, taking in everything that happened last night and it being a possible dream. I didn't really like Harry like that, did I? I know the stuff I thought last night about wanting to see where this lead and me liking the danger he put out was something that I'd never say.

But I didn't say it, because it was all just a dream. It has to be, there's no way Harry the same person who kidnapped me and held me at gunpoint would kiss me. Me.

But what if he did?

I lay my head on my hands, knowing too well I will be driving myself crazy and it will only result in a restless night for me. Just as I'm in the middle of a potential mental breakdown, the front door opens and in comes Harry.

"Whoever parked in my spot better go move their car before I slash your fucking tires." He announces, slamming the door behind him carelessly. Niall stands up from the couch and leaves out the front door, annoyed. Harry turns to look at me and I look away as he washes his hands. I hear him grab something from the fridge and his heavy boots walk to the table where I am. He sits beside me. "What's the matter with you?" He asks.

"Nothing," I remark, eyebrows furrowed. "Why?"

"Well you look like—" He stops himself, probably thinking it's best not to say whatever it was he was about to say. "Never mind."

"No, say what you wanted to say." I cross my arms, he was already getting on my nerves for the day. I felt disappointed as I thought we were past this, he was doing so good. When he doesn't say a word, I grow even more annoyed. "Say it." I keep my voice down but loud enough so that Harry knows I'm not kidding.

"For fucks sake, is it that time of the month for you?"

"No!"

"Then? What the hell's your problem?" He glares. Maybe I am feeling a bit hormonal and maybe I'm feeling a bit upset that last night was just a dream, and if it wasn't a dream maybe I'm upset at the fact that Harry left my room without me knowing. Maybe I'm feeling a bit used.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

I rub my eyes and sigh. "Nothing, I'm sorry if I'm being a bitch."

At this, Harry looks around to the guys to make sure they aren't in range of what he's about to say. "Look, about last night—" So it wasn't a dream. "Let's keep it between us, alright?"

I furrow my eyebrows this time. "Excuse me?" I state. "Keep it between us?"

"You are my assignment after all, I wouldn't like anyone to get the wrong idea." I look at him in disbelief.

"Your assignment?" I repeat his words once again. "So what the hell are you trying to do here with me?" I definitely felt used now.

"We're giving each other a break from all this shit and stress, Valentina." Harry retorts and my needs to strangle him comes back. "What did you think this was?"

I scoff, standing up from the chair but Harry stops me before I can even walk away by grabbing my arm. "What! What do you want?" I remark. The guys had already left so it was only Harry and I in the kitchen.

"Don't act like you didn't know this was my job, Valentina. I made that clear from the start."

I snatch my arm back. "Don't make it sound like I actually like you," I spit. "I can't stand you and yes you're right, we're just having fun here." I wanted to reach across his neck and strangle him with his stupid cross necklace. "And for the record, I wasn't planning on telling anyone because I figured it's nobody's business."

"Really?" Harry looks amused now. "Not even Zayn's?" He was mocking me now.

"Nope." I cross my arms. "Because Zayn isn't my boyfriend for the last fucking time."

"Then I guess he wouldn't care if I kept taking you away from spending time with him just so you can sneak in my room?"

Is he seriously trying to get me to hook up with him after what he just said? I give a dry laugh. "What makes you think it's going to happen again?" I put my hand down flat on the table in front of him and the other on my hip. "Last night wasn't even supposed to happen, that was a mistake."

"You can say whatever the hell you want, but you kissed me first." He shrugs, grabbing an orange from the fruit bowl on the table and peels it. His long slender fingers claw at the skin and pull it back before he takes a slice up to his mouth.

His hands alone had me mesmerized. I shake my head, what is wrong with me? "Well—it won't happen again." I promise.

Harry chuckles and stands up to throw the orange peels away. "We both know you can't stay away from me, Birdie." He says darkly in my ear while he walks away upstairs.

I roll my eyes and let my thoughts run wild. I immediately thought of Zayn. I felt guilty even though him and I weren't dating, we both liked each other and I'm pretty sure he would feel betrayed if he were to find out I had kissed Harry.

You could just tell by Zayn's face that he couldn't stand Harry. Probably because he was always taking me away and he can't do anything about it because I'm assigned to Harry.

I wished it was the other way around though. But did I really? Sure Harry can be an asshole, since the beginning he has been, but he has loosened up a bit now.

For the most part.

Zayn on the other hand, was the opposite of Harry. Zayn didn't give me headaches like Harry did and he didn't have mood swings like Harry did. Not to mention Harry and I were total polar opposites. So why was I developing an attraction towards Harry when I should normally be attracted to Zayn who is so much like me?

This was all messing with my head and as hard as I fought it, all my mind could think of was a pair of green eyes.