13

After 3 hours of me falling asleep on the passenger seat and Styles driving, we finally arrived to Minnesota. Everywhere the leaves changed colors indicating Fall was coming. I've been isolated for so long, I don't even know what month or day of the week we are in. When I woke up, we were parked in front of a red bricked house with steps to reach the front door. Behind it I could also see a lake not so far from the backyard as well as a nice amount of trees covering the home.

It was the only house on the block, with about seven miles away from any other house.

"What are we doing here?" I ask, stretching my limbs as he hands me my bags to carry. I grumble in annoyance and wait for him.

"This is where we'll be living until I'm instructed otherwise." Styles says, closing the trunk of the car.

"Who lives here?" I ask once again, following him to the home.

"This is a safe house, you'll be safe here." He says as we reach the door. He punched in a code on the keypad before it unlocks and we enter. It was quiet and it seemed like nobody was home.

As I looked around, I noticed the walls were a white cream color while the floor was wood. "Styles?" I heard a male voice speak. When the man came into view he had nice features and brown eyes, along with a small scar above his eyebrow. He stretches his hand out and Styles hesitantly takes it, they shake hands. He turns to me. "Styles and Valentina. It's a pleasure to meet you." He offers a warm smile and I feel safe with him around. Styles walks away and starts raiding the fridge before taking out two water bottles and tossing one to me. "I'm Payne," He says stretching his hand.

"She knows our names." Styles says making Payne turn to him.

"Hey." Another voice joined the room, this time it was the same man who gave Styles the keys to the apartment, he had a buzz cut, blonde hair, a beard and a nose ring. He nods to him before turning to me.

"She knows our names." Payne tells him.

"What the fuck happened to protocol?"

"Ask those fucking idiots." Styles says, referring to Louis and Niall coming in, the ones who I played UNO with. Payne turns to them.

"You can't stop fucking up for once in your life?" He glares before turning to me. "Well I guess it doesn't matter now, does it? I'm Liam in that case."

"I'm Zayn," the other one says before pointing to Louis and Niall. "I take it you already know them." He asks and I nod.

"We're acquainted. I'm Valentina." I say and Zayn offers me a soft smile.

"Oh we know." Liam chuckles before joining Styles in the kitchen. "We're supposed to." He adds. "Are you going to show her to her room?"

"It's your house." Styles says, signaling to the stairs making Liam grunt in annoyance before grabbing my bags. I could tell Styles was relieved to get rid of me, like he couldn't wait to leave me wherever it was he was planning to. Well I couldn't wait to be as far away from him as I possibly could.

"Follow me." Liam says and I do as told. I liked him more than I did Styles anyway so it was a relief that I didn't have to be stuck with him for a room tour either. When we reached a door on the left, it had a pad lock like the front door did making me turn to him.

"You're not going to lock me in there, are you?" I say, hoping he says no.

He chuckles. "It'll only be at night, for safety measures. Don't worry, we won't be having you locked away like I'm sure Styles had you." He says, punching in the code making the door open to reveal a white creamed wall, a bed against the wall, a drawer and a television.

"How long will I be staying here?" I ask as soon as Liam puts my bags on the bed. I look around some more, noticing that the window was barred up. We were in the second story, it's not like I was going to jump off. I've learned my lesson, against my will, but I learned it.

He shrugs. "Only until Styles is instructed to move you. You're not away from danger yet but I can assure you they won't find you here. I'll let you get situated. We'll be downstairs."

I don't say anything else as he closes the door behind him.