12

A few days later, Harry and I were sitting on the table, eating microwaved eggo's for dinner since we were running low on groceries. I had milk and he had black coffee as he—per usual—was focused on his laptop, typing and scrolling.

"Do you have anything for me to do?" I ask after I finished off my waffle. He doesn't look at me. "Like, any books? Magazines? Crossword puzzles?"

"I do actually," He says, my heart leaping at actually getting to do something for once before he spoke again. "Stay seated and keep your mouth shut." He says making my face fall.

I sigh in annoyance and pick at my nails that had now grown a few centimeters than I normally had them. "Can I ask you something without you yelling or getting mad?"

"No."

"Well, I'm going to ask you anyways." I say, ignoring the way he propped his head on his hand in annoyance. "How old are you?" I say. He didn't exactly look my age, yet he looked young. He looked like he was at least in his mid 20's. When he doesn't answer, I speak again. "Part of the conversation is you answering me like this—I'm Valentina and I'm 18 years old, what about you?" I say mockingly.

"Twenty six." He mumbles, keeping his gaze on the screen. I nod, humming in response to his answer. I was right.

"So you're not from around are you?" I ask in advance to his foreign accent. "Are you from England?" I was mocking him by this point. "What part of England are you from?"

"Leave me the hell alone." Styles grumbles.

I'm finding myself entertained by how annoyed he easily got. "You are from England. Have you ever had any pets? I have two dogs, well, technically they're not my dogs but my father got them to keep people from trespassing. I wasn't allowed to touch them though and they didn't have names."

"I don't believe I actually asked."

"Yeah I know," I shrug. "I just thought I should tell you."

"Why?" He raises an eyebrow making me shrug once more.

"I'm just trying to make conversation and I've just never had a dog before." I say. "My father never let me keep any animals. I never got to leave the house when I was younger either. I was homeschooled until I graduated early last year, I didn't even go to my own graduation I just received my diploma in the mail."

"That's pretty fucking depressing." Styles mutters, still seeming uninterested in the conversation I was trying to have with him.

"Yeah. I guess that's what happens when you have strict parents, or parent in my case. My mom was always so lenient on my sister and I." I look at him. "What about your parents? Did they ever give you shit for trying to watch cartoons in the middle of the night?" His face falls before he clenches his fists and shuts his laptop abruptly. "Did I say something?"

"You did, that's all you've been doing all this time, saying shit when I've told you to shut the fuck up more than once!" He spits, taking me aback. His mood changes so fast I can't even keep track of it.

"In case you weren't aware, I'm basically held hostage with no source of entertainment. The least you can do is talk to me." I defend myself. "Is that too fucking hard for you?"

"Listen, I don't have to do shit but keep you out of danger, if you don't like it then you can go—" He stops when there are knocks on the front door making us both turn towards it before the doorknob started rattling abruptly. Immediately, Styles grabs his laptop and shoves it inside the duffel bag before grabbing my bag of belongings and opening the window. He looks out the window briefly before he begins to throw the bags out. "Let's go." He says just as I was sipping up my boots and putting on my blue sweater.