24

THERE WILL BE SONGS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAPTERS FROM NOW ON, MAKE SURE TO LISTEN TO THEM TO GET THE FULL EFFECT OF THESE SERIES. DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT + VOTE.

It's been a few days since Harry's accidental reveal at the gym and things between us has been...tense. I haven't really seen him around much and when I do, it's only when I go downstairs for food and he's out in the backyard by the lake in his personal shooting range, raining or not, emptying his bullets on the trees.

I didn't know how to feel about this, I mean it's not like I expected him not to lose his temper ever again. And it's not like this affects me, we had only started hanging out. This just gave Zayn and I more time for ourselves. But I guess spending time with Harry had me questioning a few things. Like before when it was just Zayn and I, I would get butterflies whenever Zayn snuck in my bedroom to watch movies with me.

But now, I find myself hoping it's Harry opening my bedroom door at night. The other thing was, why did Harry say I was his? Did he really mess up his words or is that how he actually feels? He also sneaks touches on my skin and accidental or not, whenever he does I feel my skin burn. Harry was so closed off and guarded I actually couldn't tell what he was thinking.

He always looked like he was about to kiss me but then again, you never know if Harry will kiss you or kill you when he looks at you.

It's hard to tell with him.

Tonight, Zayn and I had made plans to watch movies and then came the crawling feeling of dissatisfaction. It didn't seem fair of me to think that way, I like Zayn I really did. But part of me thinks I'm only doing this because I am incapable of hurting someone's feelings. I know Zayn likes me, otherwise he wouldn't be in my bedroom almost every night and kissing me goodnight whenever he leaves it.

Once I'm done brushing my wet hair, I brush my teeth and get dressed in my night attire which consists of a oversized faded grey shirt and a pair of black spandex shorts. I slip on some socks and walk into my bedroom to see Harry sitting on the edge of my bed, playing with his rings. I jump slightly but I don't let him see that.

"What are you doing in here?" I scold, tugging at the hem of my shirt. I didn't expect to see him here any time soon, I thought maybe I would have to be the first one to talk to him first but I most definitely didn't expect this.

"I was just wondering why you hadn't come over." He says, looking up at me from the bed. "It's past midnight."

I shrug carelessly. He had been avoiding me all week and now he wants me to come over? "Zayn and I are watching movies tonight." I say, knowing that will probably set him off but I didn't care.

"Are you now?" I could tell he was getting annoyed.

I look away as his gaze was burning holes in my eyes making it hard to make eye contact. He then stands up, walking dangerously close to me making me back up slowly without meaning to. He was that damn intimidating. I look up at him, my stomach drops as he looks down at me.

Our chests almost touch and they would if I took in deep breaths. "Don't you prefer to watch a movie with me?" Harry asks lowly, a hint of seduction behind his tone. I swallow slowly as his fingers play with a strand of my hair, teasing me.

I lick my lips, my mouth felt dry of words but I muster up a sentence. "I promised him we would tonight." I say just above a whisper and he watches my lips move. "But, we can tomorrow?" I say in hopes he says yes.

Harry backs away from me, clearly that wasn't the answer he wanted and we both know it. "You don't need to throw me a bone, Birdie." He says walking towards the door all the while still facing me. "I don't settle for scraps." Harry turns around and walks out leaving me frozen. I am finally able to breathe in his absence.