seven

Mirae's POV

Hyuck and I arrived in the mansion. I hopped off the van and walked my way inside. "Wow, you feel comfortable." Hyuck said while guiding me to my room.

"Of course. You talk to me and you don't harass the shit out of me." I said and Hyuck laughed. "Do you guys harass the others? Like whipping them or something?" I added.

"No. We just stab them." I coughed and Hyuck chuckled. "But really. We do that to them because they're noisy as fuck. If you were like them, you could've been dead by now. But you're a different case."

"Is that a compliment?" I looked at him and laughed. "Mmh. Take it as one." He said and wrapped his arms around me. "Wow, buddies in my first day." I said and the both of us laughed.

"We really try to talk to the others but they're scared of us and they started shouting, that's why.. we'll just shoot them." It sended a chill down my spine but I just shrugged it off.

"Unlike you, you ride the plane." I nodded and we arrived at my room. "Wait, does Renjun let you guys make friends with your victims?" I asked and he nodded. "We're friends with Jeno from first floor. Wanna meet him?"

"Maybe later at lunch." I smiled at him. "Uhm, hey. Do you have a library? I'm just gonna be bored here." I added. Hyuck gestured me to follow him, so I did.

We went to the west wing of the mansion and there is a huge lit up hallway. There's a door in the end of the hallway then Hyuck opened it. I looked at the huge enormous library staring right back at me.

"She's beautiful." I said and entered the library. "Hold up." Hyuck said and called someone from the telephone on the counter of the library. "Boss, it's Hyuck. Mirae's just in the library if you need her. Aight." He placed back the telephone and looked at me.

"You know the way back, right?" I nodded. "I'll leave you now. We're still going to haunt for happy people." He said before leaving the library.

I just noticed.. they kill couples. They mostly kidnap or kill the teenagers. I remembered Winwin from last night. My tears started falling down again. "I hope someone will find you, Si Cheng. I miss you." I said and wiped the tears away.

I inhaled and exhaled repeatedly. "Okay, Mirae. You're here to read." When I found my composure, I went finding books from endless shelves.

Later, I found a perfect one. I started to read it while I was sitting on the couch. I changed positions every 30 minutes. Now, I'm sitting on a short bookshelf while my feet is hanging.

After 30 minutes (again), I went to the staircase and sat on one of the steps. I heard the library door open but I didn't bother to look at the one who entered.

Tired, I closed the book. I was already in the 7th to the last chapter of the book. I looked at the one who entered earlier and it was Renjun. I didn't speak and placed the book on a wooden table.

"Hey, Renjun." I called him and sat at the table. "What?" He said with authority. "Do you have some food? I'm starving." I said.

He picked up his phone and called someone. "Lele. Come here in the library and take Mirae to the kitchen. This bitch is hungry." He ended the call and put his phone aside.

"Wait for Lele outside. Don't talk to me, I'm reading." I understand how it felt to be disturbed when reading so I just nodded and opened the door.

I saw Chenle standing near the door. "Oh, uhm. Did you wait too long?" I asked and he shook his head. "I just arrived. Let's go? You're hungry, right?" I nodded.

We walked towards the kitchen and I was taken aback because of its magnificent design. There is a counter and a kitchen behind it. "I thought the kitchen's going to be bigger." I whispered under my breath but Chenle heard me.

"Oh, no. That is if Boss has the guts to cook. He cooked your breakfast there, but if Boss is too lazy, he'll tell the part-time chefs to cook for him. The kitchen's in there." He pointed at two silver doors. I went there and I opened it, making my jaw drop.

He has one hell of a kitchen. It's just like in a restaurant's. "Wow. How rich can Renjun be?" I asked. "And do you know about him--"

"Working in that ice cream shop?" My smiled disappeared. "Yeah.." Maybe I don't want to go to that shop ever again. It left bitter memories. "He was just doing that to kidnap you." Lele said.

"Ugh, I hate him, his guts.. everything about him." I said and sat on a stool near the counter. Chenle went to the fridge in the small kitchen and took out a large bowl of spaghetti.

I stared at the bowl. "I don't like cold food. I want it warm." I said and Lele rolled his eyes. He prepared a pan and put a little bit of oil. He turned on the heat and we waited for minutes before he put the spaghetti in it.

"You're good." I said and stared at what he's doing. Later, he finished and put the spaghetti into a new bowl. He placed the old bowl in the sink and served the hot spaghetti in front of me.

He took two small plates from a cabinet with two forks. He gave me the other plate and fork before getting a serving spoon. He started to get some spaghetti from the bowl. I thought he's going to place it inside his plate but instead, he gave it to me.

"Thank you." I said and smiled at him. He threw me his cute smile. When my plate was full, he proceeded on putting his.

When he finished, we chatted. Chenle's my second friend inside this hell, was a hell. It just felt normal. It feels like you're between hell and heaven.

After we ate, Chenle immediately left because Renjun assigned him in another mission. I placed our plates and forks inside a dishwasher and placed the huge bowl of spaghetti in the fridge.

I returned to the library and didn't see any sign of Renjun. I shrugged the thought off and continued on reading the book I left unfinished.

•••