twenty seven

Mirae's POV

I thanked Suyeon and wore my mask and cap. "I'll see you sooner, Mirae." Suyeon said. I smiled at her, even though she can't see it through the mask. I bowed at her and left the clubroom with Hyuck and Renjun.

"Let's get something at the cafeteria." I told Renjun. I looked at Hyuck for his approval but he shook his head. "I'll just go with you guys. I'm full." I nodded and we went to the cafeteria.

We found a table and Hyuck sat on a chair. "You're not sitting with him?" I asked him. Renjun held my hand and dragged me to the counter. "I'll buy the snacks with you." He said.

Renjun and I only chose burgers and fries, of course, with drinks. Before he could take out a dollar or few in his wallet, I already payed for the food. We looked at each other, then he smiled, making me.

He took our tray and went to the table where Hyuck was. Hyuck was looking around when he caught someone. "I'll be back in a few." I led my eyes to his direction and he walked to the table of 5 girls. The girl who hit Hyuck was there, too.

I didn't mind him and went chatting and eating with Renjun.

•••

Donghyuck's POV

I walked over to the table of the girl who hit me. Her friends was there and they were laughing. I sat beside her and the laughing stopped. "Wait, aren't you that guy earlier?" She asked me and I nodded.

Her face was a bit red and she looked away. "W-What are you doing here?" I.. We don't know you." She added. I chuckled. The four others only watched us in silence.

"I'm Lee Donghyuck." I held out my hand for a handshake. She sighed and shook her hand with me. "Song Hayoung." I looked at the other four girls and asked their names.

"Hwang Eunha."

"Jane Kim."

"Bae Mae." I laughed at her name. "I know, dude. It rhymed." I looked at the last girl and she said her name. "Seo Yannah."

I nodded and looked at Hayoung. "You know, you should be the one apologizing. I was just walking on the hallway and you hit me. And weren't you reading a book?" I pointed at the book near her plate.

I took it and read the title. "The Wide Window. Is this a good one?" I scanned the pages and she was in 3/4 of the book. "When did you borrow this?" I asked her.

"Earlier. Before classes." Eunha said. My jaw dropped and Hayoung chuckled. "You guys aren't serious, right?"

"You don't know how fast Hayoung can read. She even finished the.. what was the title of the book she borrowed yesterday?" Yannah asked. "Christina's Ghost. She borrowed it in lunch time and returned it after class dismissal." Eunha said again.

"2 hours and maybe 30 minutes." Mae added and gulped down her orange juice. I looked at the girl beside me. "Wow." She rolled her eyes and emptied her plate.

"Wow, you're not just fast at reading. You're also fast at eating." She elbowed me, making me laugh. I heard Boss call me so I bid goodbye to Hayoung and her friends.

I stared at her for a few seconds before kissing her cheek. "Bye bye!" I said in a child-like voice and followed Boss and Mirae.