sixteen

(A/N: before we get started.. Let me just-- SwEeT sIxTeEn, SiXtEeN, sIxTeEn)

Mirae's POV

When I woke up the next day, I found Jaemin sitting near my bed. There was a tray of food on my bed side table and a glass of water with medicine beside it.

Jaemin smiled at me. "Good morning." He tapped my hair softly and brushed it down. "How's my little bunny?" He chuckled and squished my cheeks.

I scoffed and held his hands. "Stop it, Nana." I pushed his hands back to him. "You finally called me by my nickname."

"Whatever. What are you doing here?" I asked him. He handed me the glass of water and medicine. "Drink that. You were kind of sick last night." He said and placed the back of his hand on my forehead and neck. "Your temperature's still high."

"Thank you." I said and drank the medicine. I gave him the now empty glass and he gave me the tray filled with food. "You made this again, don't you?" I smiled at him while raising a brow.

He chuckled. "Of course." I blankly stared at the food in front of me. "Did Renjun told you so?" He shook his head. "No. I found you lying in front of Renjun's door so I carried you to your room. Your temperature was so high and I felt like burning, that's why I took care of you."

"You're such an angel. I don't deserve you." I said and started to eat the food Jaemin prepared for me. "It's a Na Jaemin thing."

"Oh, you're a 'Na'? That's why you're sodium fine." He laughed loudly at my joke and he nodded. "That's why I'm Nana."

I nodded my head and ate again. Jaemin touched my neck again to check my tempreature. He sighed heavily, like he was carrying something the whole time. "Your tempertaure finally went down."

"Finally?"

He nodded. "Just so you know, I slept here just to check on you." He said and his eyes look really tired. "Jaemin, I'm sorry for making you stay up all night."

"No, it's okay." He said and shook his head. I held his hands. "Jaemin, I'm fine. You can sleep in your room. I can take care of myself."

"Are you sure?" I nodded. "But what if you get sic--"

"I'm gonna ask the other guys where the medicine kit is." I said and ate a bit of my food. "Oh, no need to ask them. It's in here, in case it rises up again." He took a bag beside my lamp.

"Are you my guardian angel or something?" I giggled. Jaemin chuckled and stared at my hands. "Maybe I am."

I tapped his soft hair softly. "Go sleep now, Nana. You don't want me to worry about you, right?" He nodded and stood up. "Thank you again." I added.

"You're always welcome." He said and smiled before leaving my room.

He reminds me of Seokjin oppa. He's always like that whenever I get sick. I remembered what Renjun told me last day. Ugh, I hate him so much. What makes him think I'm going to like him?

I finished the breakfast Jaemin made and went out of my room. I found the guys playing a video game, without Jaemin, of course. "Argh!" I heard Hyuck shout.

"Shit, shit, shit! Agh!" Renjun ruffled his hair and Hyuck stood up in victory. "Yes! That's what you get, Boss. You can't defeat me in games." Hyuck laughed loudly, his laugh echoing through the empty mansion.

"Whatever." I heard Renjun say. I sat near Jisung and tapped his head. "What's wrong?" He asked but I only shook my head.

"Mirae." I heard Renjun called me and I just stared at him blankly. He sighed. "I'm sorry for what I did yesterday." He lowered his head and fiddled his fingers.

"Whatever." I whispered to myself. I heard him sigh. "I called your brother. He'll come over on lunch." My eyes widened when I heard what Renjun said.

"Are you serious?" I asked and the guys looked at me lifeless. "He's not the type to joke, right?" Chenle said and ruffled his hair.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

•••

During lunch, I changed into a black jacket and black ripped jeans. I took a pair of black Nike shoes with me and went to the living room to wait for Seokjin oppa.

I heard the door opened and I decided to take a peak. "Oh, she's there." Chenle said, pointing at me. Seokjin oppa's eyes started to form tears. He ran towards me and he hugged me tightly.

"Mirae, my flower." Seokjin oppa sobbed while hugging me. My tears started to stream down my cheeks. "Oppa.." My voice trembled. "I miss you so much."

"I miss you, too." He broke the hug and cupped my tear-stained cheeks. "I'm glad you're okay." He hugged me again. "You don't know how much I missed you."

"Me too, oppa." I hugged him tight, not letting go of each other. "My little dongsaeng." He looked at me and kissed my forehead. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Did they feed you well? Do you have scars on your back?" I chuckled at his questions.

"Oppa, yes, I'm very okay. They didn't hurt me, just once.. twice," I stopped and giggled while tears are still dripping from my eyes. "And yes, they fed me well. I don't have scars in my back, oppa. I have them in my heart. I seriously miss you." I hugged him.

"Have you heard about Winwin.." He didn't finish his sentence. I sobbed again. "Y-Yes. T-Those guys killed Si Cheng and Jiyoung." I whispered.

"What?! Then why are you staying with them?! Why can't you just go home?" I shushed him down. "Oppa, I can't just go. Now you know what they've done to Winwin and Jiyoung, they could do that to me, too."

"Mirae, let's go home." I just shook my head while still crying. "I-I can't.. No matter how much I want to. They can even get you killed when you report them to the police, oppa." I said.

"They can't do that--"

"Yes, they can!" I calmed myself a bit and exhaled heavily. "They can even stop you from visiting me." He stopped moving. "They're not the type to joke around, oppa."

"F-Fine. I'll keep quiet, as long as I can visit you." I smiled sadly. "I hope you can understand my situation right now, oppa. Everything seems.. very.. complicated. Please don't make it worse."

He sighed. "Of course. I'll understand you, because you're my precious dongsaeng. I love you so much. Promise me you won't leave like that anymore." I hugged him again.

"Oppa, about Si Cheng.. Is he buried properly?" I broke our hug and he nodded. I sighed. "Who found him?"

"Our neighbor." I stared at my fingertips. "I hate myself for not saving him. He might come at me." Seokjin oppa shook his head repeatedly.

"He wouldn't, Mirae. He loves you so much. You were also kidnapped, you're in a hard situation. Winwin will understand, I just know it. Besides, he had a proper burial and I've said all my-- our apologies to him." Seokjin oppa said in a low voice.

"I hope so, oppa."

He smiled at me. "Can we borrow their kitchen?" He asked. I nodded. "Why?" A small smile crept on my lips. He also nodded. "Yes, I'm going to make you your favorite dishes."

"You're the best."

•••