thirty five

Mirae's POV

When I exited Renjun's room, I saw the boys cleaning up the mansion. I passed by Jisung and I was going to ask him what's going on, but he only smiled under his mask before waving a hand at me.

I heard the door open behind me. "Renjun, what are they doing?"

"Cleaning up. Isn't it obvious?" I glared at him but he only chuckled. "And they're letting the others go." I thought about who the others are and he meant by the other victims. "You're letting them go because you finally have a lovelife." I elbowed him on his stomach and went to my room.. which is currently cleaned up by Jeno.

"Hey." I called him and he stopped brushing the wall. "Oh, hey. Do you mind?" I shook my head then he continued with his business. "It'll be unpleasant here in some minutes. You can stay in the veranda. Renjun told me to paint the walls."

I scoffed. "Yeah. Took him long enough to actually renovate my room. Actually, it's you who'll renovate it, not him. His lazy ass." Jeno laughed and did his work. "And on the other hand, why you? You're also a victim, right?" I asked him.

He nodded and slowly brushed the walls. "I was. But when I made friends with the other guys, my girlfriend doubted me and kept shouting at me. As you know, Renjun hates noises so he got her killed. I was devastated but she doubted me so I immediately got over her." He ended his long statement with silence.

I slowly nodded then he stopped brushing. "Don't do that to Renjun hyung." I looked at him curiously. He threw a glance at me and smiled. "Don't doubt on him." I threw back a smile. I went to the veranda and stared at the scenery looking back at me.

Maybe I was there for an hour because when I looked back, I saw Jeno already fixing the bedsheets and the walls are perfectly painted with mint color. "So, you're done looking at the view?" Jeno said while placing the new blanket and pillow on my minty bed.

I didn't answer his question and thanked him. He laughed at my remark. "You're welcome." He patted his hand on my shoulder and left my room with the paint bucket and box for tools.

The door suddenly opened then Renjun was there. "God, you scared me." He chuckled and looked at the interior of the room. "Do you like it?" He asked and I nodded. It's so beautiful and it makes me wanna stay here.

"Oh.. Can I have your brother's phone number?" He suddenly asked. I looked at him weirdly. "Did you delete it?" He rubbed his nape, sighed and looked down. "Uh.. yeah, kind of."

"But why?"

"Just give it to me." Even though I'm a bit weirded out, I gave him Seokjin oppa's phone number. When he saved it on his contacts, he ran away which made me flinch. "That kid.."

•••

Renjun's POV

When I finally got her brother's number, I ran outside her room and went to the fifth floor's veranda. I slowly opened my phone and my thumbs made its way to the messages app.

I put his name as 'Kim Seokjin hyung' because I know I'm gonna be fucked up if I put 'bro' in there. Even though my hands trembled, my thumbs keep on pressing the letters on the screen.

Kim Seokjin hyung

Hyung

this is me

Renjun

Oh Mirae's boyfriend

Where's Donghyuck?