nine

Mirae's POV

When Renjun left the library, I went outside my hiding place. It could be Seokjin oppa or my friends. I shook my head and shrugged the thought off.

I continued on finding books when I saw a horror genre book. I got the book and started to read.

•••

I closed the book while the bookmark is stuck between the two pages. I stretched my back and placed the book below the counter so it won't be lost.

I went outside the library and I heard a loud shot that took me by surprise. "Holy shit.." I whispered to myself. I saw Jisung exit the room where I heard the gunshot.

Jisung looked at me. "You don't mind?"

"Mind what?"

"Me killing that girl." He said. I scoffed and shook my head. "Of course, not. But I would be if you guys rape girls inside here." I said. Jisung chuckled. "We don't do that. Boss hates the sounds of moans."

"I can tell." I said, making Jisung laugh. "Anyway, where are you heading to?" I pouted and checked my nails. "Use honorifics."

"We don't use them inside here." Jisung smiled at me and went down. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the first floor.

I saw Renjun sitting on a couch drinking.. beer. "Boss." I called him. "Wow, can you lend me a glass?" I said jokingly but he replied with a quick 'no'.

"How rude." I mumbled under my breath. I was about to leave when someone called Renjun. "Yeah. She visits Mirae's house? As if she really care. I want her killed already, ugh. She's still stubborn. Yeah, come home immediately." And he ended the call.

"Who's finding me? You seem like you know someone from my friends." I said and sat beside him. Renjun was shocked to see me. "I thought you left already."

"You picked up the call." I said and looked at him. "Who were they talking about?" I asked again. Renjun massaged his forehead before answering. "Jiyoung."

"What's with Jiyoung?" I asked. "And how'd you know her?" I added. Renjun cursed. "We'll talk about this in your room after dinner." He said and emptied his glass of beer.

"Pathetic." I whispered and gulped down the remaining beer inside the bottle. "Hey." He warned. I waved my hand at him. My eye sight is starting to get blurry and I'm getting dizzy. "Don't talk to me, I'm tipsy."

"I'll walk you--" I pushed his hand away. "I can go there by myself!" I stood up and I almost tripped. I walked my way towards my room slowly. "Ugh, I regret drinking that." I whispered to myself.

I arrived in my room and hopped on my bed. "Don't go out until you're sober." I heard Renjun's voice and I just nodded.

I heard him close the door and I felt that my eyes are starting to get heavy. Before closing it, I remembered in what happened to Winwin. "I'm sorry that I didn't save you, Si Cheng.." I whispered and I felt the anger inside me rush through my veins.

"I'll make Renjun regret everything, Si Cheng."

•••

I woke up in my room (in the mansion) and I decided to go to the veranda to breathe the fresh air from outside. I stayed there for a couple of minutes before looking at the wall clock.

It's already evening and I guess they're having their dinner right now. I went to the first floor and walked my way towards the dining room.

I saw them feast happily and my gaze suddenly diverted to Donghyuck eating another buffet. "You're still not giving up, Hyuck?" I asked and leaned on the door.

He glared at me cutely. "Watch me, Mirae." He said and started to eat again. "Won't you eat with us?" Jaemin asked and I shook my head. "I'm full.. and I need to talk to your Boss after he finished eating." I said and glared at Renjun.

Renjun just threw me another glare, making the contact between us rage in fire. I broke our eye contact and looked at the other boys. "In case your Boss is not listening to our conversation right now, tell him I'm waiting in the veranda of my room." I said and went back to my bedroom.

I stared at the horizon while waiting for Renjun. I heard my room door open, making my eyes divert to Renjun who just entered. "I see you were expecting me." He said but I still got to hear it.

I rolled my eyes and tapped my finger on my arm. We stayed silent while looking at each other. My eyes quickly examined his features. His eyes looks like it's looking directly at my soul. I know I've said this before but his visuals always got me star-strucked.

"So, are we gonna talk or just stare at each other? If we keep doing this, I'm gonna have to drag you to my bed." Renjun said while massaging his temple.

I recovered from my reverie and immediately spoke. "What--. Ugh, just tell me why you know Jiyoung." Renjun rolled his eyes and opened the door again.

I walked over to him so we can talk but he grabbed my arm and pinned me to the wall next to the door. He leaned in, almost making me stop from breathing. "You want to know why?"

I nodded slowly. "She used to be my girlfriend." He said and left my room immediately. I was going to follow him but the door knob didn't budge. "Renjun.. Renjun! Renjun, open the fucking door!" I banged on the door but it wouldn't budge.

"Someone open the door!" I shouted but no one bothered to open it. I kicked the door and threw myself on my bed. Since I can't do anything and fucking Renjun locked the door, I proceeded on sleeping.

It took me long enough to close my eyes and drift off to sleep because firstly, it was too early for me to sleep. Secondly, Jiyoung's first psycho and crazy boyfriend.. was Renjun??

•••