twenty two

Mirae's POV

When I woke up, there was someone hugging me. I looked up and saw Renjun quietly sleeping. I snuggled on him.

I pushed him slowly so I can go to the kitchen to get a glass of water, but he just pulled me again. "Don't go." He said and I chuckled lowly. "Renjun, let me go." I don't know why I giggled.

"But you told me last night to not let you go." He opened one eye and looked at me. He lowered his face and leveled it to mine before poking my lips. His eyes were still sleepy. "I even placed a kiss on those lips." He added.

I felt a blush on my cheeks. I chuckled nervously. "Y-You didn't." He pouted and spoke again. "I'll kiss you again so you'll remember." He was going to kiss me but I covered my lips with my palm.

"Why did you cover it?" My heart beated fastly when he just placed a lop-sided smile. Too shook while looking at him, he removed my hand away from my lips and slowly leaned in for a kiss.

I pushed him to the floor when the door banged open. "Okay, is God making me the priest in you two's wedding? I always see these kinds of moments like.. stop, kids, stop. Just stop. And your timing is really.. not good." Hyuck said and folded his arms.

Renjun groaned from the floor and sat. "We're not doing anything." Renjun said and stood up. "And stop saying 'kids'. I'm older than you." He added.

"Eh, whatever." Hyuck said and Chenle popped up from beside him. "Yow guys, did you hear--" Chenle didn't finish his sentence because Hyuck covered his mouth and shushed. "Tell them or I'll throw you outside the fucking window."

Jaemin and Jisung entered the room while laughing. "What's so funny?" Renjun asked and Jaemin kneeled on the floor, clutching is stomach and tried regaining his breath.

"Don't you even tell them." Hyuck said and glared at the youngers. Jisung didn't listen and opened his mouth. "The power went out yesterday, righ--" Hyuck covered his mouth.

Chenle added Jisung's unfinished sentence. "Hyuck was sleeping at that time and when he woke up--" Hyuck covered Chenle's mouth with his other hand. Jaemin regained his breath and added. "He screamed like a little girl." Then the three laughed.

I laughed and pointed at Hyuck. "Gay." I said and Chenle high-fived with me. "That was the first thing that came into my mind."

Hyuck folded his arms cutely. "Stop bullying me! Or I will take your grenades away." They stopped laughing but there are still those wide goofy smiles on their faces.

Renjun didn't laugh and looked at them. "Leave. I'm going to talk with Mirae." The three left but Hyuck stayed for a while. "Pfftt. Yeah, talk. Pillow talk." He shrieked when Renjun kicked him out of the room.

Renjun closed the door. Hyuck spoke outside with a grandpa voice. "I want 50 grandchildren." Renjun kicked the door. "Scram."

"Renjun, my son, if you're fast enough, I want 500 grandchildren!"

"Lee Donghyuck!"

"Just telling. It's very very great if you at least have 1,000." He said in another old man voice. Renjun heaved a sigh before opening the door and chased Hyuck.

I laughed and jumped out from my bed. I went outside and I heard Hyuck screaming for help. "Agh! Boss, I'm sorry!" Then, I heard him laugh. If I am crazy, he is too.

I went to the living room and sat on the couch. I was surprised how it's so clean. "Yes, we kill people, but clean is still in our vocabulary." Chenle said and smiled.

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Do you have any plans today?" Renjun asked and he took his shirt off. I coughed and ran to the kitchen. "Boss! You know she was there!" Chenle said while cackling.

"Boss, are you trying to seduce her? That's the old way." Jisung laughed. "I didn't mean to, okay? Mirae, I'm sorry." I heard Renjun said. "I-It's okay! I didn't see anything." Even though I did.

I took a glass of water and emptied it. Besides, it's what I came for here, anyway. I inhaled and exhaled before shooking my head to shrug the image off.

"Boss, wear your clothes again!" I heard Hyuck told Renjun. "I am now wearing my clothes. Do you want her to leave the kitchen and see this?" I coughed again. Can they already stop?

"Mmh, maybe." Hyuck stopped then he spoke again with that grandpa voice. "So I can have grandchildren." I laughed lowly. He's such a joker.

I slowly went out of the kitchen and I saw Renjun choking Hyuck. "Stop with your old man voice and telling me to have kids." Renjun said. Jaemin and Chenle stopped him.

"Oh, she's there. I think she's prepared, Boss." Hyuck pointed at me. Renjun and the guys looked at me before looking at Hyuck again. "Good luck." Hyuck wiped fake tears in his eyes, being the sarcastic Lee Donghyuck he is.

Renjun kicked him and he walked over to me. I took three steps back. "I-I'm sorry." I heard him whisper. I shook my head. "No.. it's okay. Really."

"Are you sure?" I nodded. I looked at him and placed a small smile before running towards the walking closet. I haven't changed clothes.

I stayed in the tub for a while to think. Maybe after an hour in the water, I changed into a comfortable sweater, baggy pants and shoes. I let my hair in a pretty messy bun and walked towards the library.

I passed by Jisung and he held my shoulders. I looked at him and he spoke. "You don't need to worry about the moans anymore. We transferred them yesterday when you were out."

I tried to re-think what he meant by that and he was talking about those girls. "Ah. That's good. I can have peace reading my books." Jisung chuckled. "Your books? To mind you, that is Renjun's library."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, Jisung. I own it now. It's my haven." He laughed and I left him there. I opened the huge doors of the library and entered it. The sweet aroma of books brushed on my nose.

I went to the counter to get my book I haven't read for a long time. I jumped back when I saw Renjun there, reading the book I'm currently reading. "What are you doing here?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Uhm.. reading? This is a library and I own this." He replied and shrugged before reading again. I glared at him for a while and spoke. "I'm reading that. Can I have it?"

"You have manners now?" I rolled my eyes at him and held out my hand. "Just give me the book. I'm not finished with it."

He still didn't listen. I almost gave up but he took a pen and underlined a random phrase or sentence. He gave me the book and jumped out of the counter.

It caught me by surprise. I looked at him walking to a corridor filled with books. I returned my gaze on the book I claimed. The pen's black ink caught my eye and I read the underlined words.

"When would you like me?"

•••