thirty three

Mirae's POV

When we finally set up our tents, we gathered around a bonfire and cooked some marshmallows then squeezing it between biscuits. Everyone enjoyed their snacks quietly.

"Why is no one speaking?" Jisung asked and Hyuck sighed. "We've spoken for hours, Jisung. Can't we shut up?"

"That's unusual of you, hyung." Chenle said and took a bite of his marshmallow and gulped water down from his water bottle. "Please, I'm also human. Even though I am the sun and I am God, I will also set and I will also rest." He said and sighed.

"If Hayoung was here, she would say that almost rhymed." Jeno said and the others agreed. This time, Hyuck was even weirder. He wasn't even looking at us and only bowed his head, looking at the sandy ground.

"Helios suddenly missed a mortal." I said and Hyuck scoffed then he stopped. "Who's Helios?" He asked, in unison with the other guys. "Are you kidding me?" They shook their heads.

"You've never read a Greek mythology book?" Renjun thought about it but the others shook their heads once again. Renjun snapped his fingers. "Oh, you mean the one who rides his chariot in the sky when he likes to?" I nodded.

"Helios is also the Sun God." I said and Hyuck scoffed again. "I am the sun and I am the God.. I'm now also the Sun God. Don't try me." His active mood is back. He started to joke around again.

After sometime, the fire finally went out and it was time to sleep. "It's now really dark. We should go to sleep." Renjun stood up and stretched his body parts. I didn't mind them and crawled my way to my tent.

"Night." I said and closed the tent before closing my eyes. Because of the long day, I was tired and it didn't take me long to sleep.

•••

The next day, I felt someone hugging me. I knew it was Renjun. I opened my eyes and it proved me right. I smiled and tapped his cheeks. He still didn't wake up so I slapped him, enough to wake him up (I didn't slap him too hard).

"Look, I'm still sleepy. Let me be." He said and closed his eyes again. I rolled mine and removed his arms wrapping my small body. When I finally sat, he dragged me back. I hit his arm and crawled my way outside the tent.

"Hey, come back." He said in a low voice. "No. Just sleep in there." I replied and stood up, brushing the sand on my knees to my legs. I stood up in my feet and found Hyuck sitting near the sea.

I walked over to him and sat next to him. "Morning." I greeted and he replied with a 'Morning Good'. His greeting made me chuckle, but I heard none from his mouth. "What's wrong?"

He picked up a stick and drew a sun on the sand. He sighed before finally speaking. "I miss Hayoung."

"I knew you like her." I said and looked down at the turquoise-colored waters. He scoffed. "I know that you know. You're my soul sister."

"Glad you know." I said and put my arm on his left shoulder. "You should make a move." I said, satisfied with the beautiful morning view in front of me. "I will.. just.. not now." I tapped his shoulder. "It's okay. You just knew each other."

I felt like someone was behind us so I looked back to see who it was. It was Chenle. "Mirae." He called me and I raised a brow. "Boss is.. quite angry with you and Donghyuck hyung."

Hyuck finally looked at Chenle and asked 'why?'. "Just because Mirae is sitting beside Hyuck hyung." Chenle said and sighed heavily. I looked behind Chenle and I saw Renjun, arms crossed together. Even though he's far away from us, I could clearly see he's glaring at the both of us and I am sure I'm going to be dead when I walk back there.

"Alright." I stood up and patted the sand off my shorts. I dragged Chenle and said to Hyuck. "I'll leave you here. Just think of it, okay? There's plenty of time." He nodded.

While walking back to where our tents was, I talked to Chenle like we just have a normal conversation.. like Renjun wasn't giving us death glares. "So, did you escape Granny's house?" I asked. Chenle hesitated but he answered anyway. "No. It's Day 5 but I'm still finding for some pieces."

"I'll help you." I finally said and we stopped in front of Renjun. "Good morning, my leonjwin." I said and cupped his cheeks before placing a peck on his lips. When I pulled back, his angry expression was gone.

"Are you angry at me?" I said in a cute voice. Renjun lowered his head, avoiding his gaze at me. I laughed at him and slowly snaked my hands around him. "Don't be angry. I was just talking to Hyuck. You don't need to be jealous." I added.

"I wasn't jealous." He buried his chin on my head. I scoffed. "Renjun, please. Don't state the obvious." I said and hit his back. I heard him 'ow' then Jaemin called us. "There's a nearby restaurant. We can take our breakfast there. Wanna come?"

Renjun broke the hug and dragged me behind the other guys. We arrived at the nearby restaurant and ordered our breakfast. After 25 minutes, our food arrived and we started to eat. Hyuck and I was going to take a bite but we remembered our dare to each other.

"We're not eating." Hyuck and I said in unison. I put my spoon with fish on it on my plate and Hyuck placed down the chicken drumstick on his. Jaemin stopped eating. "You want me to cook for you?" Jaemin asked and I shook my head.

Jisung drank his water and spoke. "Remember yesterday when you said you'll deliver food six feet under the ground?" Jaemin stopped then nodded. He paused again and sighed. "But still, I have to cook for them."

"We can just order food." I said but Hyuck shook his head. "Jaemin's dishes are way far more delicious than these." Hyuck pointed at the food on the table, then he looked at me. "I think we should leave.. or I might get a big bite of that chicken." I agreed and stood up to leave the building but Renjun held me.

"What?"

"At least eat something." He said but I only shook my head. "It's a dare, remember? We're going to starve all day long." I chuckled even though I know it isn't a good idea. Renjun just sighed and nodded, giving the approvance of me leaving the restaurant.

Hyuck was already outside and I saw him on his sleeveless white shirt and red shorts. "Where are you going?" I asked and he pointed at the sea. "You're going for a swim?" He nodded. "Why aren't you speaking?" He replied with a shrug.

"Lee Donghyuck."

"Sorry. Wanna go?" I nodded and since my attire is alright for swimming, we raced to the shoreline and splashed water at each other. When Hyuck stood up to catch me, I kicked him on his stomach and he fell back to the water.

From afar, I know we look like a couple but to be real honest, we're best of friends. After minutes of playing on the water, we heard a voice filled with authority, calling our names and yes, we are dead. Not 'I think we're dead' but 'we are dead'.

"Mirae, Hyuck. That's enough."

•••