thirteen

Mirae's POV

I finished the book by lunch and decided to leave the library for a while. My butt really hurts because I was just sitting in one place.

I suddenly remembered what Renjun did to me. I felt my face became red and thankfully, I'm in the kitchen at the time and I immediately gulped a glass of water.

"Shake the thought off, already." I said to myself and shook my hands. I placed the glass in the sink and stayed in the kitchen for a while.

Later, I heard Jaemin shout. "Let's go!" I looked outside the kitchen cutiously and shrugged it off. Maybe another mission.

Bored in the kitchen, I went to the living room and used my new phone. I didn't open my Twitter personal account. Instead, I opened my fan account.

I missed a lot from the groups I stan and the phone already reached 364 pictures. I changed my wallpapers and went to the library.

I just held the door now but I remembered what happened earlier. I banged my head on the wooden door. I hit it with my hand. "You stupid ass." I pinched myself tightly.

"Si Cheng's gonna be disappointed in you." I said to myself and entered the library. I found another book to read. It's the book two of the first one I read. The title is 'The Orsini Bride'.

Of course, I finally changed positions. I stopped halfway on the book when I heard screams of a voice that is familiar to me. I immediately placed the bookmark on the page and placed it on the table and ran outside.

I looked down on the first floor and I saw them hold someone. It was a girl. She was screaming and telling them to let her go. Wait..

I saw her head look up and we made eye contact. I covered my mouth and realized who it was.

"MIRAE?!"

"Jiyoung?!"

"Hey! I said let me go! Mirae!" She called me. I went to the third floor, where Renjun and the others mostly place the other victims.

I saw them on the staircase, walking towards the third floor. "Mirae!" She called me again. "I'm glad you're okay!" Jiyoung added and tried to hug me but Chenle and Jisung's grip were too strong.

"Hey, aren't you glad to see me?" Jiyoung asked and I stared at her. I fought back the tears. "Hey! Let me go! Let me hug Mirae. You bitches don't know how much I miss her." She said and tried to escape.

"Jiyoung.." I said her name while Jisung and Chenle dragged her inside, with Hyuck and Jaemin behind them. They entered a room not far away from mine. I was going to follow them but they closed the door and locked it.

I banged on the door. "Hey! Hey! Let me talk to Jiyoung--" It was too late when I said that when I heard a loud shot. My tears streamed down my cheeks and I trembled in fear.

I slumped down in front of the door and covered my mouth again. I hugged my knees and cried.

I felt someone lift me from behind. He let me face him and hugged me. I recognized the scent and anger filled inside me. I pushed him away and slapped him.. hard.

I didn't speak while looking at Renjun, his hair covering his eyes. His left cheek is painted with red tint, the cause of the slap I gave him.

"You also.. killed my friend." I pushed him. "You killed Winwin already! Why do you have to kill her?!" I said and punched his chest.

Renjun gripped my wrists and looked at me. "I haven't said it to you, so I'll do it now." He said and dragged me towards his room.

He was still gripping my wrists when we arrived. My tears were still dripping down my face. "I killed Winwin because you guys were happy. You're happy with him, sharing things I also wanted to do, but I didn't get to." He explained.

"What's our happiness going to do with it?" I asked him and I saw a tear roll down his eye. "Because I only felt that once. Then after that incident, I never became happy again. Seeing people happy makes me fucking jealous."

"Then, why is Jiyoung--" my tears stopped when he cried. "She's the cause of my anger and jealousy, Mirae. Just because she thought I was a psycho, she broke up with me. All my happiness faded away like dust in the wind. That's why I killed Winwin."

I cried again. "Then, why him?!" He trembled while holding my wrists. "He's happy! His gaze while staring at you, the smile that he places on his lips when you also smile.. I never experienced that.."

Renjun..

Renjun.. knows how to cry?

"I was jealous of the both of you happy. Jiyoung never let me experience that kind of happiness. She never let me experience the feeling of euphoria. That's why I took you and killed the both of them." The both of us cried.

"Renjun.." I held his cheeks while the both of us cried. He sniffed. "I never imagined that I'm going to like you." I heard him whisper. I was taken aback.

"E-Excuse me?"

"It's nothing." He said and let go of me. My wrists were red, but I felt numb about it. He sat down on his bed and wiped his tears off his cheeks. "I heard what you said." I said slowly.

"You heard me." Renjun said. I bit my nail and walked near him. By the time I held his shoulder, he pinned me down on his bed.

"Renjun.." My hands trembled its way towards my mouth. He stared at me for seconds before kissing my forehead and resting beside me. He snaked his hands around my waist and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm not going to let you go." I heard him say again. "Renjun."

"No," he paused for a minute before talking again. "I'm not gonna let you go, now that I know I like you."

•••