twenty six

Mirae's POV

Renjun and I talked inside my room. It took us long before Seokjin oppa opened my bedroom door. "Oh god. You didn't do anything to my dongsaeng, didn't you?" He pointed at Renjun and he immediately shook his head.

"Oppa, we just talked." Seokjin oppa looked at Renjun and I's intertwined hands. "You really like each other, don't you?" I looked away from Seokjin oppa and Renjun chuckled because of my reaction.

"The two of you, go downstairs, okay?" Seokjin oppa said and left the room. Before he can go down, I called him. "So, you're done talking with Hyuck?" I laughed and he glared at me from the staircase.

Renjun dragged me towards the living room. I saw Hyuck eating a box of vanilla ice cream. "Hey! Oppa, that's for me, right?" I looked at him sadly and nodded. "But you were too busy with Renjun."

I glared at him. Seokjin oppa didn't mind me and looked at Renjun. He stared at him for a long time before diverting his gaze at me again. "I'll talk to Renjun." He finally said.

I looked at the boy beside me and he just nodded. He kissed my forehead and I saw Seokjin oppa's eyes darkened. "Let's talk in my room." Seokjin oppa said. Renjun followed him to his room.

"Let's just hope he won't kill Boss." Hyuck said while still eating my favorite flavored ice cream. I went to the kitchen to get a spoon and joined Hyuck eating the ice cream while watching TV.

After what feels like an hour (because it has been an hour), Seokjin's bedroom door opened and they walked down to the living room. "I gave him my 50%. I'm going to think about the half. I'll tell you if I approve him." Seokjin oppa said and I looked at him weirdly.

"There's something like that?" I asked and he nodded. "What if I like Hyuck?" I asked him and his eyes sparkled. "It's an absolute yes." I waved my hand at him. "Nah, Hyuck's just my friend."

"It's still good."

"So, is Renjun my half boyfriend? Oppa, there's no thing such as that." I said and looked at him unbelievably. "In our home, there is a thing like that, Kim Mirae." I pouted. Renjun and Seokjin oppa are such kill joys.

"I hope it won't take long giving your other half of approvance to Renjun." I said and Hyuck chuckled beside me. "Don't laugh. My brother only likes you and you just got to eat free ice cream." I warned him and he just rolled his eyes. Stubborn Hyuck.

"We'll go now." Renjun said and bowed at Seokjin oppa. I stopped him. "Don't. He's going to be your brother-in-law, anyway." Renjun blinked twice and he can't believe what I just said. I dragged Hyuck and thankfully, he's done with the box of ice cream.

"We'll go now." I said to Seokjin oppa and dragged the two boys outside. Hyuck removed my hand from his wrist and he went to the driver's seat. He turned on the engine and I placed Renjun to the very backseat of the van (so he won't punch Hyuck again).

I still sat in the passenger's seat. Hyuck started to drive back to the mansion. "Wait, don't go home, yet." I said. "What? What do you mean?" I looked at Renjun in the backseat. "Is it okay if I go to school again?" I asked him.

He was still in shock. Hyuck waved his hand. "Hello? Boss?" Hyuck and I snapped our fingers in unison, making Renjun go back to his normal self. "Oh-- uh, yes?"

"Do you mind if I go to school again?" I asked him for the second time. "I can go home to Seokjin oppa's first then you'll take me back." I added. "Why can't you just go straight to the mansion?" Renjun asked.

"I was missing, Renjun. Of course, they would be curious where I was. I'll keep an eye out, don't worry." I smiled at him. He uttered a sigh and nodded. "Okay. Just be careful."

"I always am." I tapped Hyuck on his arm. "Let's go. I'll tell you the directio--" Hyuck scoffed and drove. "I gave Boss the direction to your school and the ice cream shop. You don't need to remind me." I just nodded and we drove to school.

I don't have anything with me but I'm sure Suyeon can convince the principal. Later, we arrived in the school. "Here. Wear this, just in case." Renjun gave me a mask and a cap.

I wore it and kissed him while wearing the mask. I went off immediately, Hyuck following me. "You're not getting off, Boss?" He asked and the backseat door slid open. Renjun stepped foot outside the van and went to us.

We walked inside the building. Many people are looking at me. Kidding, they're looking at Renjun and Hyuck. To remind you again, they have God-like visuals.

While on our way, a girl hit Hyuck on his shoulder. "Ow!" The girl held her own shoulder and glared at Hyuck. "Watch where you're going, mister." She said and picked up the book she dropped before running off. "Plain rude." I heard Hyuck whisper.

"I know." I replied back. We reached our club room. I opened it and saw Suyeon talking to the other members. There were a few new faces, only Jiyoung wasn't there. "Excuse me." I called her.

Suyeon looked at me and told the others to wait for her. She led me to the locker room and spoke. "Who are you and what do you need?" She asked. I took off my mask and cap. Her expression became shocked.

"Mirae?!" I shushed her down and she covered her mouth. "Where have you been? I was so worried about you! I thought you were dead." I chuckled at her reaction.

"I'm fine, Suyeon. I was kind of.. taken." I said and she looked questionly at me. "What kind of taken?" I looked at my fingers and fiddled them. "Taken.. like got kidnapped--"

"You were kidnapped?!"

"Let me finish!" I 'ssh'ed at her again. "It's just our secret. Don't tell anyone, please." I begged and she stared at me before nodding. "Okay."

"Yes, I was. But.. the other taken.." She chuckled. "Yeah, I know. You have a boyfriend." I blushed and I covered my face with my hands. "He's not officially yet my boyfriend. I wanna say 'yes' but you know Seokjin oppa."

She laughed but it died down immediately. "I feel bad for Winwin. I hope he's doing well wherever he is right now." I nodded in agreement. "What are you doing here?" She asked again.

"I have a favor for you." I held her hands and looked at her. "What is it?"

"I want you to convince the principal to enroll me again. You know the rules." I said and she sighed. "Mirae, you know it's a bit risky." She reminded me. I smiled at her. "I know. But please, please convince her."

She sighed again. "I'll try." She smiled at me and hugged me. "I'll do it because I missed you." I laughed and broke the hug. "Oh, and who is your boyfriend among the two?" She pointed behind the door.

"The most likely to be jealous." She opened the door and looked at Hyuck and Renjun. "Wait. Your boyfriend is that peach-shirt guy, am I right?" I nodded and she hit her hips with mine.

"How'd you know it was him?" I asked. "You said 'most likely to be jealous'. I saw that band aid in the other guy's cheek. He got beaten up, didn't he?" I laughed while nodding my head.

"I hope he'll take care of you like what Winwin did."

"He would, Suyeon. He would."

•••