CHAPTER 24

The next morning, the letter I received the other day was sprawled out on the kitchen table as the Mikaelson siblings read it.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked, standing beside Klaus, who then gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Finding out what the ritual wants you to do," Elijah replied.

"How come you're all so fascinated by my newfound origin, while I'm here yanking my hairs out cause of 'em," I questioned.

"Because it's not everyday you find out Greek mythology is real," Rebekah answered.

"Or you're the so-called Queen of the Underworld," Kol muttered, too busy reading the letter, "Does your family know you're a vampire? Because, if not, this ritual is completely useless,"

"They better do 'cause there's no way they could take it back," I said.

"So, you are doing this ritual?" Kol asked.

"Well, after fifteen drained bodies and three compelled humans, I gave it a thought," I replied, "And, why the hell not? I mean, I can't back out of this anyway. The least I could do is weigh the pros,"

"The letter states that all will be provided for the ritual," Klaus stated, "Except one thing,"

"Which is?" I asked.

"A memento from the past," He answered, "And, as we all know, all of your belongings are—"

"In my old house," I finished for him, "What do we do?"

"Well, I do have an idea," Kol suggested as we all had worried looks on our faces, "Don't look at me like that. Trust me, it's good,"

-----------

I walked in the Grill and headed straight for the bar. Fortunately, Matt wasn't the bartender for the day so, I got to compel myself some liquor with a side of onion rings. I browsed through my phone until I heard footsteps coming towards me. I was about to turn around, when I felt a stake go through my stomach and hands gripping my head.

"Sweet dreams," I heard someone say, before blacking out.

---------

I woke up with a throbbing headache. I groaned as I tried to stand and scanned my surroundings. I recognized it as my old room. The smelly, homey basement. I flitted through the door and pounded my fist against it.

"Somebody open this stupid door!" I shouted. I did that for about...10 minutes....before I heard it unlock and Damon Salvatore stepped in the room.

"Shut up, will you?" He demanded.

"What am I doing here?"

"I don't answer to you,"

"Yeah? And who does?" As I said that, a familiar blonde entered the room.

"Hey, sis,"

"Caroline,"