CHAPTER 44

"Well, well, there's our girl." Rebekah walked in the plantation on a Tuesday morning looking disheveled. Kol blocked her way with a smirk on his face.

"Get out of my way, Kol," Rebekah warned.

"Off with Marcel again, little sister?" Klaus asked as he sketched on the couch.

"Stop teasing your sister," I stated, "Klaus, we need to go,"

We scheduled an ultrasound today with a compelled doctor. Klaus stood up, grabbing his leather jacket, while grabbing mine as well. I'm 5 months pregnant, meaning I waddle like a penguin. I grew a bit chubby and Klaus is loving the size of my breasts. I had a hard time wearing closed off shoes, so I wore my Birkenstock today.

"I want a copy of the ultrasound!" Rebekah announced as we left the house.

"Are you excited, my love?" Klaus asked, helping me into the car.

"I can't wait. Ever since Apollo revealed the genders, I've been dying to get an ultrasound." We pulled off the driveway and drove our way to the hospital. Klaus had one hand holding my thigh, while the other was on the wheel.

10 minutes later, we arrived. We compelled the receptionist to give us priority and immediately ushered us in the room.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mikaelson, how are you doing?" The doctor asked us. Mrs. Mikaelson, huh?

"She's restless at night with all the tossing and turning," Klaus answered. I laid down on the reclining chair, removing my slippers in the process.

"That's completely normal, especially for twins. The technique there is to lean on the headboard. It's the most comfortable position you can get," She said. She squirted gel on her gloved hand, gesturing me to lift up my shirt, "This is a little cold,"

She spread the gel on my stomach and turned on the machine. She placed the scanning device on my stomach as the ultrasound appeared on the screen.

"There they are," She said, gesturing to the screen where our babies appeared, "Perfectly healthy babies. Want a copy?"

"Yes please," I breathed out, in awe of the sight before me. Those are our babies right there.

"I'll be recommending you vitamins so the pregnancy won't suck up most of your immune system," She said, handing us the copy of the ultrasound and a bottle of pills, "You'll be needing weekly check-ups just to be sure everything is fine. Other than that, you and the babies are in tip-top shape,"

We left the hospital with smiles on our faces. I couldn't stop staring at the picture of our babies. I saw Klaus getting teary-eyed, to which I grabbed his hand and placed a kiss on it.

"You'll be a great father," I said to him.

"And you'll be an amazing mother," He said, caressing my cheek. I can't wait for my babies to be born.

When we arrived home, we heard a ruckus coming from the inside. I waddled in and saw the whole family gathered in the living room.

"What is going on here?" I exclaimed.

"Baby shower!" Aphrodite squealed.

"But—"

"Don't bother finding a way out of this," Athena said, "She's been planning this for months and threatened to release Cerberus if we didn't comply,"

"Love, what is happening?" Klaus asked, coming up behind me.

"Aphrodite is throwing a baby shower," I replied, "Can you get me some blood?"

"That's odd. You haven't been craving blood," Klaus commented.

"Don't worry, it's perfectly normal," Artemis butted in, "She's a vampire. She'll crave blood at some point,"

"Artemis! How are you?" I asked as Klaus went to get me some blood.

"Avoiding Kol," She muttered.

"There's our millennium virgin!"

"Leave her alone, Kol!" 

A/N:

I panicked for 5 seconds, thinking Wattpad deleted this story. I had to send them an email before it appeared on my profile again.