CHAPTER 39

That night, Klaus and I decided to visit the cemetery to negotiate with the witches. I've persuaded him to care a little less about Tatia, until they tell us the whole story.

"Alright, come out, bitches," I shouted as we stopped at the front gate. There was a barrier that was keeping us out. This is not how the witches can get in our good graces.

"Being here must've mean you're taking the deal," Sophie said, coming out of hiding.

"Nice try, Deveraux," I growled, "Let us in or there's no deal. And, before you use Tatia as a leverage, just know she's the least of our priorities,"

She huffed and said, "You can come in,"

I stepped in the cemetery as Klaus flitted over to where Sophie stood. He sized her up, fisting his knuckles 'til they turned white, "Now, what's the real reason you made us come here?"

I stood beside Klaus, crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at the witch before me.

"A witch of ours died recently and we need you to bring her back. Word has spread you have power over the dead. All you have to do is take her soul and bring it to the land of the living," Sophie explained.

"Is this a joke?" Klaus roared.

"You're witches! You have the power to bring back the dead!" I shouted.

"It's an act frowned upon the witch community—"

"Do you hear yourself right now?" I exclaimed, frustrated by her actions.

"Sophie Deveraux, we came here under pretenses that you are holding Tatia hostage due to a serious threat. Yet, you stand before me asking for a petty favor you could've done yourselves," Klaus stated, "You witches think you're so brave,"

"You don't understand!" Sophie protested, "It's my niece. Please! You have to bring her back!"

"Why?" I asked her.

"Because our coven is dying. The witches are getting old. They can slow the aging process down but our number is decreasing. My niece was one of our youngest witches. My sister—her mother—has a high rank in the coven. There's no one but her who knows what to do when my sister steps down,"

"Fine," I answered.

"What?" Klaus and Sophie questioned at the same time.

"I'll bring her back. Funny enough, I could've brought her back without you forcing Tatia into the picture. But, now, I want a trade,"

"What is it?"

A life for a life. I bring your niece back to the land of the living, however..."

"However?"

"I want you to be the one to bring Tatia back to where she came from," I answered.

"Love—" Klaus tried reasoning with me but I already made up my mind.

"I want Tatia Petrova dead,"

A/N:

THIS BITCH HAS HER WIFI BACCCKK! Funny story--so when the guys who were supposed to fix the internet came to my house was the day I was out, sorry, when EVERYONE was out. My dad was passed out on the couch. The fixers had to wait half an hour for him to wake up HAHA