C H A P T E R 11

A GAME OF CATCH

AMELIA

Three months have gone by.

Three months since the movie shoot has been wrapped up.

As the days progressed, Ruen and I came to a mutual understanding. It's too soon to be vying for the title of 'Besties of the Year' but at least for now, we have learned to live with each other.

Somedays we eat breakfast and dinner together with Tessa.

There were still nights where I wake and find her suffering from another nightmare. And, during those nights when I come to wake her up, she'd thank me and urge me to go back to bed before she makes me 'sleep with her again'.

One moment she serious as a heart attack only to surprise me when she pulls out a joke.

I just don't get her.

"Lia, you look gorgeous!" John exclaimed.

"Well, with this face, it's hard not to. I tried telling them to take it down a notch or two." I joked.

John has been my PA for five years. He's good at what he does and he's a good friend. He always looks out for me and is loyal to a fault.

"Your humility abounds." He said kissing my cheek. "Shall we go? A party awaits."

When we arrived at the venue, as usual, I had to pose before the camera before finally settling in inside.

I waved and greeted a few people that I knew as John ushered us to our table.

The people here were from the prominent members of society, a few business magnates, heirs, producers, and famed actors and actresses.

All these people were here to dine and sample the best wines offered to the affluent society. This charity event was organized for the benefit of the chosen orphanages and the homeless.

Aside from a venue for helping others, it's also the perfect meeting ground for making connections so it's not surprising that people flocked here.

Of course, apart from the goodness of their hearts... (Such good-hearted people...)

We ordered our food as the waitress arrived.

"There will also be a musical performance here," John said, pointing at the grand piano. The stage was set up just two tables from where we sat.

"Great. We just have to hurry to eat and leave."

"Rachel told me to make sure that you go around and meet some producers here. Establish rapport with other directors."

"Ok. Excuse me then. I'll see what I can do." I said as Roger Peterson approached our table.

He was a producer of numerous award-winning movies and television shows. His latest pride was the medical drama, 'Golden Hour'.

Moments later...

"Wew, this is exactly the reason why I hated getting into the business."

"Why?" John asked as I took my seat.

"Sucking up and shaking hands with pompous jerks and airheads."

"Who's got you so riled up?" He said as he craned his head up looking for the subject of my outburst.

"Oh, Stouffer and his flavor of the month." His face scrunched up in disgust.

"Let's just eat and leave," I said as our food arrived.