C H A P T E R 28

A CHANGE OF HEART?

AMELIA

"Cut!" The director shouted. "That was great! You were amazing, darling." He patted my arm.

"Cause you're a great director, Doug." I grinned at him.

"No praises for me, Doug?" The brunette pouted.

"People have been singing you praises, Lisa." He smiled at her. "I'll hold out on praising you today. Not that you don't deserve it, because we know you do. I just want to bring your ego down a peg." He teased her.

Lisa Tunney, my co-star, and Kristina's love interest in the television series, laughed at that. At first, I was anxious about the shoot but after meeting Lisa, I was no longer hesitant. Her happy-go-lucky attitude drove the anxiety away in seconds. Though that might change if we started shooting the more intimate scenes.

My phone chimed signaling a message from Ruen. I couldn't stop myself from smiling like a fool.

"Got here with John."

"Great work today, Lisa. Doug, I've got to run."

"Your wife trying to get you home early?" Doug teased. "Or checking up on you?"

"She must be missing you, Lia," Lisa added. "I wish I could find mine, too." She noticed the blush that crept on my face.

Truth be told I really don't know where Ruen and I stood. The lines have been blurred. An arranged marriage that started out as platonic turned into something I couldn't put a name on.

"I need you, Amelia."

My heart raced every time I recalled that. That time I told her it was impossible for us and at that moment, I truly believed it. However, when I saw her with Miranda the night after, I was caught up in the unexpected whirlpool of jealousy that rushed out in full force.

"You keep finding them alright, Lisa," Doug said. "You have one every two months." He laughed as Lisa acted hurt and feigned crying.

"What do I say? I love 'em and leave 'em." Lisa said. "That coming from you?" She bantered. "Pot calling the kettle black, Doug."

They laughed.

"Hey, share the joke." A well-built Asian man joined us. Jeric Lam another co-star and a great actor as well.

"They're bragging," I said after I stopped myself from laughing.

"We were talking 'bout how long it'll take to find someone to share our lives with," Lisa said. "Like Amelia did."

"That is if we get past changing partners every other month," Doug said in a serious voice.

"Oh, that will be the day." The brunette said prompting another round of laughter.

"You don't have to look anymore, Lisa." Jeric wrapped an arm on Lisa's shoulders. "I'm already here."

"You're too young for me babe." Lisa teasingly countered.

Another message came.

"Hurry. Missing you already :( "

I couldn't explain the way I'm feeling when I read her text. Everything was confusing at this point. However, I felt happy—content at the moment.

"Your wife must really be wanting you home," Doug said.

"We haven't personally met your wife yet," Lisa mumbled.

"Why don't you bring her to the community outreach program?" Jeric suggested.

"Yeah, that's perfect!" Lisa beamed at Jeric. "Gosh, you're so cute." The man blushed at the compliment.