C H A P T E R 30

UNRAVELLING

AMELIA

Quarter to eleven am, the crowd has started to thicken. Numerous activities were in order. Before we arrived, the free medical consultation started earlier at five am. It was situated in a tent at the far end of the park. Arts and crafts, book drive, sports clinic, and many more—it was a big event. Every cast and crew of the show came along with guests and volunteers that they managed to gather.

"I'll help you with that." Emmett Rodriguez, another co-star who I have never shot a scene with since I joined the show, came and took the box of art supplies from me.

"Thanks," I said. He has been very helpful the entire morning.

His grin was wide. "No biggie."

I spent the entire hour going back and forth between tents and doing what I can. By lunchtime, I sat with John, Lisa, and Emmett to eat.

"Would you like another iced tea or water?" Emmett asked. "I'm going to get you one if you want."

"I'm good, thanks." I took a bite from my tuna sandwich.

When Emmett left, Lisa turned to me. "What's going on, Lia? Spill!" 

"What?" I cocked a brow, confused at her question.

"What's the deal with Emmett?" Lisa crossed her arms. "Why is he acting like that?"

"Like what?"

"He's downright flirty," Lisa told me. "To you."

"He's just being accommodating," I replied, not putting much thought as to why.

"For all the years I've known him, I would never use that word to describe him," Lisa told me. "He's only like that to someone he likes."

"And he's making it known to everyone for the past couple of hours," John added.

He's interested in me.

"That's impossible!" I dismissed the idea.

"You tell him that." John blurted. "If you'd only take the time to wear your wedding ring, even if he'd missed the news, he'd know you're spoken for."

Unlike Rune, I didn't always wear my ring.

I looked at him. "Where is this coming from, Johnny?"

"Just saying." He mumbled. "Ruen's great. Why would you want to consider anyone else?"

That stopped me from eating.

'I give you my word, you'll get your happy ending.'

'Don't be afraid of your parents or my grandfather. I'll have your back. You just grab on to it when it comes.'

Ruen has given me the go signal to find new love. I just have to be discreet.

But then, just weeks ago, she told me she wanted to give our marriage a try.

'It will always be you.'

That's what she said, two days ago.

Rachel's voice echoed in my head: "Make up your mind, Lia. It's either you want the person or you don't. Stop wavering."

I am going insane.

My phone chimed with a message from Michael. He's with dad for the board meeting today.

"Your wife's something else."

He must have met Ruen already.

"Just WOW!"