C H A P T E R 33

THE FOOL

AMELIA

"Glad that was finally over." Lisa sat on the couch beside me as she took a swig off her beer.

"There'll be more of it tomorrow." I laughed as she groaned.

"Cheer up guys," Jeric strode in the room looking fresh and dapper.

"I don't want to hear that from you!" Lisa threw a pillow at him which Jeric easily evaded. "You're not the one running in the rain while lugging an unconscious body in the middle of the night in a bumfuck forest!"

Jeric and I laughed.

"You're not any help too." Lisa hit me with a pillow. "It's just fucking acting. Can't you make it so that I don't have to carry you like you're a dead weight."

"Sorry, I wouldn't be convincing if I did as you said. I'll try though." I apologized. The scenes we were shooting outdoors were far more physical than the ones we usually do.

"Crossovers suck!" Lisa groaned.

"Tomorrow will be the last, Lis." Jeric tried to appease the tired brunette. "After tomorrow's scene, you'll be back in the sterile indoors."

"Oh yes, please." Lisa laid down on the couch. "Where are you guys going?"

"Emmett invited us to the party, remember?" Jeric said. "So, get dressed. Lia and I are good."

"We'll wait for you." I patted her hand.

"No, you go." She covered her head with a pillow. "There's no way I am getting off this couch tonight. I'm bushed."

Jeric removed the pillow from Lisa's face. "You sure?" Lisa nodded, her eyes tired and droopy. Jeric kissed the top of her head and told her to rest. I did the same.

John was waiting for us in the lobby. For almost fourteen days that we have spent in the city, John has been awfully quiet. He was still mad at me for going out and partying every night ever since we came. He was replying to a text as the chauffeur drove us to our destination.

It must be Ruen. The night I came after dinner with my family, she didn't come home and the morning I left for the airport she was a no show. She just called me to say that she was sorry she won't be able to send me off to the airport because something urgent came up.

When I arrived here, Ruen made a point of calling me every night just to ask how I was and how the shoot was going. Small talk. And after a week of her calling, I grew tired and started ignoring her calls. That was when the texting started - nothing more than a hello here and there. Sometimes a text would just come in telling me how her day went and I would text her back. Now, I don't - hence, John was acting as her spy.

"Stop reporting my every move to her, John." I took the phone from him and stopped when I saw the messages.

John: How's the self-defense lesson?

Ruen: Great. I got to spar with someone today :)

John: Really? Beat him to a pulp?

Ruen: I did. ;) I got a shiner, tho. lol

John: lmao.

"The world doesn't revolve around you, Lia." John took his phone back and put it in his pocket.

* * *

I partied so hard that night that I practically blacked out. Woken by the incessant ringing of my phone, I answered it only to be greeted by Rachel's angry voice.