T W E L V E

"So what do I need to pack?" Jack asks. I was helping him pack because I know he won't bring the right things.

We talked about the Daniel thing, I told him about the bet I have with Daniel. That calmed him down.

"I just don't think you dating one of my best friends that I live with is a good idea" Jack says. I nod. "I know, I'm not going to date Daniel. I think he just wants to sleep with me. He doesn't seem interested in actually having a relationship" I explain. Jack sighs.

"Fine, I'm not mad at you. I'm annoyed with Daniel but I'll get over it" Jack pulls a few of his curls. "I want to have a good week with no drama"

"You need a lot of swimsuits since you'll basically live in them, a towel or two, pyjamas, a few tshirts or muscle tops, underwear, deodorant, a toothbrush and toothpaste, your hair stuff, and any extra things you want" I fold a few of his swim trunks and place them in his suitcase.

"I would so be screwed without you" Jack laughs as he grabs more clothes from his dresser. "Well I have to go pack my own stuff. I'll be back later tonight" I leave the room and head downstairs.

"You ready?" Zach asked. He volunteered to drive me home. I was skeptical at first since he hasn't had his full licence for a long time, but since it's not too far I said I'd let him. "Yeah"

We scream the lyrics to the songs and let the wind blow our hair back. He pulled up in front of my complex. "Thanks, see you tomorrow" I smile and get out the car. "Bye Ky" he smiles.

I head up to my apartment and start packing.

•••

"Jack, do you care if I leave my car here while we're gone?" I ask, walking into the guys' house. "No, I don't care. We're taking the van up anyways" Jack replies, walking towards the front door. "I'm leaving all of this down here. If I open my bag, it'll explode" I laugh.

"We've ordered pizza and the guys are getting changed for a movie night. Since you just naturally wear pyjamas everywhere-" he points to my track pants. "You should pick a good spot on one of the couches and get comfy. Grab any blanket" he explains. I grab a fluffy blanket and flop onto the loveseat. Jack goes upstairs to change.

Corbyn came running down the stairs in his bear pyjamas and a sweater. "I have dibs on the big couch" he jumps onto it.

"I like your pyjamas" I laugh. Corbyn smiles at me. "Where'd you get them?" I ask. "Oh my god! We should get matching pyjamas! I've always wanted a friend to have matching pjs with" he sits up and looks over at me.

"Don't you and Christina have matching pyjamas?" I ask. "No, she says I have 'bad fashion taste'" he air quotes. I laugh. "You guys should have them. Find something you both like"

"Do you and Daniel have matching pjs?" He asks. "What!? No" I answer quickly. "You and Christina are dating, that's different"

"Well I heard about your naked encounter" he wiggles his brows. "Do you all know?" I ask. He nods. "Well damn"

"Okay let's go guys!" Jonah yells, walking into the living room. The door bell rings, after a moment, Jonah reappears with three pizzas.

"Do we need plates? Or are we just eating out of the box?" He asks. "I'll just eat out of the box" I say, grabbing one. "Dibs I'm sitting next to Kylie!" Jack runs down the stairs, zach was seconds behind. "But I want to sit with her!" Zach yells. Jack runs and jumps next to me. "You suck!" Zach stomps over to sit on the empty couch. I open the box and offer Jack some pizza. He gladly takes one.

"What movie are we watching?" I ask before taking another bite. "We're definitely watching something scary, no Disney movies" Daniel says, walking into the living room.

"Boo! I hate scary movies" I whine. "Yeah, now I finally have someone who agrees!" Jonah laughs. "Too late, we're watching insidious" Corbyn started the movie and the guys all sat down.

I passed Jack the end of the blanket and he pulled it over him. Luckily I've seen this movie so i won't be as scared.

As the movie played, I looked around at all the guys. I smile to myself.

I don't want to leave them. They're my family.

_________________________________

Writing this makes me sad.
Only because I don't have people like this. My family sucks and so do my three friends. I'm not really close with anyone. I just hope next year when I move away, I'll find someone to have a friendship with like Kylie and Jack.

-Ann