T W E N T Y - T W O

Dani:) : tonight, us, Baton Rouge, wear a dress, I'm coming to pick you up at 6:30

This is going to be the first time I've gone on a real date with someone. Last time I had a boyfriend was grade 8 and we were both 14. Plus, when you have those middle school relationships all you do is hangout with your friends or at a park, no one really does much. Maybe things have changed since I was younger, the way kids dress these days makes it seem like it has. Oh gosh, I'm so old.

I don't have any girlfriends to help me get ready, so I'm stuck doing this alone. I may as well go shopping for a nice dress.

Me: DANI help meeeeeee, do I wear a casual or fancy dress? Like if I go buy a dress right now, should I just get like a cute, short, black dress? Or should I be getting something more casual? I don't know WHAT TO DO!!

Dani:) : Okay, slow down. A black dress is perfect. Its a little fancy so wear heels or flats, no running shoes. I don't know what else you need to do but just be ready for fancy

Me: god I hate this, I have no
clue what I'm doing.

Dani:) : yet you look amazing everyday

Me: thank you :)

I sigh and grab my wallet and car keys. I head down the elevator and wave to the security guard near the door. When I walk into the parking lot, there wasn't anyone around. The parking lot was almost empty and it was unusually quiet.

I get into my car quickly and drive away as fast as I can. I cannot be killed today, I have this date and I'm leaving for Jack's house tomorrow. It's like I'm in a horror movie.

I drive to the mall within 30 minuets. It was busy. That's what I get for coming on a Saturday. I find a spot at the back of the parking lot. All I need is a dress, get in and out.

I walk in and see all of my favourite stores. Immediately I'm distracted and go into Sephora. I find a cute red, matte lipstick, a new beauty blender, a highlighter stick, and a new mascara.

Once I get out of there, I go into Victoria secret. There's always this deal where you can get leggings and a sports bra. Of course I've done this deal three times already, but you can never have too many leggings. I already have black plain leggings, black plain capris leggings, and a grey and black legging, with matching sports bras, except one is pink instead of having two black bras. This time, I want a coloured legging.

I ended up buying two pairs of leggings and a few bras. I had stopped at a few other stores while I was heading to Lechatue, the dress store. By now, I had spent way more than I intended on, but I was done. All I needed was the dress.

This store is pretty expensive, but I've gotten every dress I've ever owned here. Everything is fancy, like for prom, weddings, anything like that. I walk through, looking at random dresses, knowing I won't be buying them. I find the section with the less flashy dresses. There were a few shorter black dresses.

I pick up a dress with a heart neck line, one with spaghetti straps and is just straight across, and the last one was a longer sleeve, with lace covering the whole dress.

I ask the woman for a change room. I start with the lace dress. It was itchy.

I try on the spaghetti strapped one. It fit like a glove. My boobs weren't popping out, it was just long enough where my butt wont pop out, and it was flattering for my curves.