The Dark Angel (Pt 1)

Demons hated Angels, and Angels hated Demons.

It was no surprise that the Demons used any captive Angels as slaves, partners in certain activities, or as test subjects. Being in Hell, the Realm of all that was considered unholy and sinful, there were handfuls of things that needed to be tested out. There was no better way for them to learn about these substances than use their prisoners as test subjects. This also helped them take out the Angels. It was a slow process, but an effective one.

The Angel inside the testing chamber screamed out in agony, his back arching off the table. A thick black beam was being shot down on his chest, the heated beam cutting through his immortal skin and fleshy body. His hands and feet were cuffed to the table, with the only entrance to the room being a single door that could only be opened from the outside. There was a window to the room, so that the test operator could see the effects of their experiment.

Gene was standing there, his hands behind his back as he watched. He couldn't hear the Angel screaming, but he knew he was suffering. Anyone would be able to see that, unless they were blind. He had been running these experiments for over a week now, with over a hundred Angels being test subjects that had failed. He was under strict orders from Shad to continue the experiments until he got positive results, an Angel that didn't die during the tests.

"Stop the test." Gene said to his attendants, two male Demons who were working the controls.

"Should we really do that?" Ein asked, narrowing his eyes at Gene. He always did think that he would do a better job at the tests.

"I said stop the test." He repeated, giving him a sideways glare.

Ivan, the other attendant, pressed the button to power off the beam. Ein growled lowly in his throat, but Gene could tell by his facial expression that he was hesitant to attack. Instead he bared his teeth at both of them, mostly Gene, and stormed out of the laboratory.

Gene rolled his eyes, opening the door to the small square of the testing room. He always carried his sword with him, just in case the Angel tried anything. It was highly unlikely, given the current condition of the Angel, but he would never let his guard down. The Angel grimaced in pain, his body shaking as though he wanted to curl up.

"Test subject 169, Zane Ro'Meave." Gene said out loud as he approached the Angel. "Aww, is the little sweetheart in pain?"

"Don't touch me, you bastard!" Zane growled, screaming when Gene poked the burn.

"I'm surprised you lived this long. You've been undergoing that beam for over two days now, and you haven't died or even fainted once." He smirked, licking the blood off his finger. "Although... I don't see any changes in you."

"You.... fucking.... bastard..." He groaned, his voice strained.

His eye closed a few seconds later, his body going limp on the operation table. His halo fell from his head, bouncing off the edge of the table. It hit the floor with a loud clattering sound, rolling a foot or two away before falling flat. His wings gave in, hitting the top of the table with almost silent thuds.

"Hmm...." Gene narrowed his eyes, feeling around Zane's neck. "Still alive, but unconscious."

He was caught off guard by what happened next. Zane started to change.

His skin was becoming paler, the veins easier to see in his wrists and forearms. His hair became deader at the ends and the roots, dark bags forming under his eyes. His ears became more pointed, his fingernails became sharper, and his teeth became a set of fangs. His wings were starting to wither away, the feathers either falling off or turning black. It seemed as though both of his wings were turning entirely black, darker than his hair. To be honest, it reminded Gene a lot of his own hair. Small horns grew on his head, popping up between strands of hair. A small tail grew on him, the end barbed, but not sharp and poisonous. His halo floated up from the ground, now a stunning silver instead of gold, and faded out. It manifested around his neck, hanging loosely.

"Oh my Satan..." Gene breathed out, unlocking the cuffs on his hands and feet.

Zane groaned in response, starting to stir in his sleep. His eye opened a few seconds later, a dull, icy blue instead of gentle and radiating the sky of the Earth. He sat up slowly, looking at his hands.

"What have you done to me...?" He asked, his voice breaking as tears fell down his face.

"I.. I don't know..." Gene answered slowly, before taking away the seriousness of this moment. "But damn you're hot!"

"Okay seriously?" He groaned, glaring at him.

Gene laughed a bit, reaching towards Zane's arm. Zane, still in a daze, didn't realize it as he looked at his back. Seeing his black wings he started to cry more, dropping again as Gene pressed down on his pressure point. He looked out the door, seeing that Ivan was nowhere to be seen.

"You.... you did this to me..." Zane growled, his voice slow and filling with rage. "You made me hideous!!"

With that, he reached towards Gene's belt. He grabbed onto the handle of his sword, yanking it from the sheath and lashing it across his chest. Gene fell backwards, crashing into the countertop. Zane stood up, bolting out of the room.

The last thing Gene heard was the sound of screaming.

(So yeah, another Angel and Demon oneshot. Should I make a part two for State of Decay?)