Videogames

(Me: *realizes the last three posts weren't oneshots*

Me: ......

Me: Shit.)

"This motherfucking-- MOVE BABY BITCHASS PEACH BITCH PRINCESS BITCH!!!!!"

Zane tried to contain his laughter as he leaned into the doorway. He could see his boyfriend sitting on their shared bed, clutching the game controller in his hands tightly. He shifted his gaze to the TV screen, where the Nintendo Switch was displayed.

"Mario Kart 8 Deluxe again?" Zane asked, making his way into the room.

"Yeah, I'm trying to get the golden Special Cup." Gene grunted, keeping his eyes on the screen. "FUCKING RAINBOW ROAD!!!"

"Babe, maybe you should take a break from the videogames." He suggested, sighing. "You've been playing this ever since nine this morning."

"Shut up, I can play as long as I want." He huffed, gritting his teeth.

Zane quietly sighed again, turning around to start to head out of the bedroom. Gene had been acting like this for the past week and a half, caring more about the videogames than their relationship. Zane really should have expected it, Gene wasn't exacrly the type to show affection at all times. Still, Zans was getting fed up with his attitude lately.

"Either save your game, or save our relationship!" Zane snapped, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I need to finish this race." Gene grumbled in reply, probably not even paying attention to what he had said.

Rolling his eye, Zane stormed out of the bedroom. He made sure to slam the door shut when he closed it, not caring if ut interrupted Gene's oh so precious game. Going back downstairs, Zane turned his head to look at the clock.

Ten at night, Zane thought.

Quietly sighing, Zane shifted his gaze to the couch. He had been sleeping there for the past week and a half, due to Gene's videogame tantrums. Another night wouldn't make much of a difference in his sleep schedule.

"This is fucking ridiculous...." He huffed, plopping down on the couch. "He shows more love for those stupid videogames than he does for me."

~~~~

"Well well well, look who got away from the screen."

Gene blinked tiredly as he stepped off of the staircase, an overwhelming feeling of sleepiness and exhaustion weighing him down. His eyes felt like they were dried up and being burned out of his skull, and they hurt even more when he started to blink. It had started when he stopped playing the videogames, and he was having an urge to go back to them to make it stop.

"Hey baby." Gene greeted Zane, who was looking at him with crossed arms. ".... I didn't leave the toilet seat up again, did I?"

"No, but I can't even remember the last time you went to the bathroom." Zane huffed, rolling his eye and going into the living room.

"So uh.... wanna go out later today?" He asked, following his boyfriend. "Your pick on where we go."

"Sorry, can't. I already made plans with Vylad for today." He said, sitting down on the couch.

"Okay then.... how about tomorrow?" He suggested, sitting next to him. "We can go to the park, or McDonald's."

"I have plans with Aphmau to go shopping with her." He shrugged, turning the TV on.

"Then what am I supposed to do all day?" He asked, leaning back.

"That's simple, Gene." Zane started, giving him a glare. "Play your stupid games, like you have been for the past week and a half."

"Is that seriously why you're mad at me?" Gene questioned, resting his forehead against Zane's.

"Haven't I made it obvious?" He huffed, scooting away from him.

"Baby, I'm sorry....." He apologized, giving him a kiss on his cheek. "You know how I can get when it comes to games..."

"Yeah, I know. The same thing happened with your mobile games and with virtual reality." He snapped, feeling a pair of arms wrap around him.

Gene pulled his boyfriend close to him, resting his chin on top of Zane's head. He closed his eyes, ignoring the burning feeling that came from them. He knew he had what people called a "videogame addiction", and he knew it was threatening their relationship. He didn't want to lose Zane. Not now, not ever.

"I'm really sorry, baby.... I don't wanna lose you." Gene told him, rubbing his back.

"I don't wanna lose you either." Zane said, leaning against Gene's chest.

"I'll take a break from the games, I promise." He nodded, smiling as he felt Zane nod too.

"It's funny.... how the same thing that brought us together is threatening to break us apart..." He whispered, referring to how they first became friends.

"Yeah.... that game.... Call of Duty..." He muttered back, looking down at Zane's face.

"Yeah...." He nodded, feeling Gene shift. "Where are you going?"

"Don't you have to start getting ready?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope, I made those plans up. I wanted to see how you would react." He shrugged, shaking his head. "Since you've been on the games and whatnot."

"Oh.... well then..... cuddles?" He offered, laying down.

"Cuddles." He agreed, laying down on top of him.