Zene

(Any oneshots that I can't come up with names for I'm gonna name Zene.)

Zane regretted not listening to Gene.

He gulped, glancing around at the gathered group nervously. Zenix, Balto, and Ein were all surrounding him. They had these crazed looks in their eyes, laughing maniacally as they spoke to Zane. Gene had warned him to ignore their little group, saying it was for his safety. At the time, Zane had no idea what that meant, but he was wondering if this was it.

"Everyone, be quiet!" Zane yelled, his back hitting the door he had entered through only seconds ago.

The three guys all quieted down, but kept their crazy looks. They waited for Zane to say something, looking at him expectantly. What did they want him to say? He wasn't going to confess some feelings he didn't have.

"Where's Gene?" Zane asked, praying to all six Divines that he did not just make the biggest mistake. (Yeah because that's smart, asking three people who are Yandere for you where someone else is!)

The three guys stayed silent, their mouths slowly opening. Their eyes were twitching, and they looked like they were about to explode. Ein was the first one to speak, and Zane didn't like what he heard.

"Oh, please, you'd really be concerned for a guy like him!?" Ein demanded, his eye twitching violently. "You don't need him! You just need me!"

"No, he needs me!" Balto growled, glaring at Ein.

"Neither of them are capable of loving as much as I do!" Zenix claimed, reaching for Zane.

Zane squeezed his eye shut as Ein and Balto joined in, all three of them reaching for him. He prayed that this was all just some stupid nightmare, that it was just a stupid prank or joke. He didn't know what they did to Gene after he left the club yesterday, but they had been yelling at him for "interfering". Obviously they were crazy, but they wouldn't have killed him... would they? A better question.... could they?

As if to answer his question, the door he had been backed up against and leaning on opened. He let out a startled cry as he fell back, being caught in someone's arms before being dragged off as they ran.

"I got you, Zane! Now we need to get out of here!" Gene yelled, running away from the classroom with Zane.

Zane wanted to say something, to thank him, but he feared that he would end up leading the other three to wherever they were going. Since he was never all that athletic, or a very good runner, he struggled to keep up with Gene's speed. He had almost tripped and made the two of them fall multiple times.

Finally, they reached a classroom on the second floor of the school. They had run down here from the third floor, so Zane hoped that the other three wouldn't immediately go to the lower floors of the school. But even if they didn't, there were three of them, so they probably wouldn't take much time to clear out the classrooms anyway.

"We can take a break here..." Gene breathed, leading Zane to the back of the classroom. "I don't know how soon we'll have to leave, so don't fool around."

"Gene, what the hell is going on!?" Zane demanded, leaning against the wall.

"Keep your voice down, or they'll hear you!" He scolded, his voice in a whisper.

"Why are they acting like that?" He asked, lowering his voice.

"I don't entirely know...." He sighed, crossing his arms.

"Is there a way we can reason with them?" He asked, looking up at him.

"I don't know the answer to that either..." He trailed off, frowning.