The Hole

"Hey, Gene!"

Gene looked towards his front door, which had just closed. Zane had entered the house, putting the house key in his pocket. He stepped towards Gene a bit, looking around for a quick moment.

"Gene, have you seen my copy of the greatest movie of all time?" Zane asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Love, Simon?" Gene guessed, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah." He nodded, leaning against the wall.

"Probably fell in the hole." He shrugged, taking another sip of his coffee.

"What hole?" He asked, before looking down. "Oh my Irene!"

In between them was a hole, one that led to who knows where. Ominous and eerie gusts of wind would blow through every now and then, but whenever Gene dropped anything into it he couldn't hear it hit the bottom.

"What is that!?" Zane cried, taking a few steps back.

"It's a hole." Gene answered, staying calm about the situation.

"Yeah I can see that, but what's it doing there?" He asked, nervously eyeing the hole.

"Well, I woke uo this morning..." He started, pausing to take a long sip of his coffee. "And then there was a hole."

"What are you gonna do about it?" He questioned, walking around the hole and over to Gene.

"Well I put a rug over it." He said, before looking at the hole. "And it fell in the hole."

"Should we call the police or something?" He asked, grabbing his phone. "Laurance is a police officer."

"Oh yeah I called Laurance." He nodded, taking another sip of his coffee.

"Well where is he?" He asked, looking around.

"He's in the hole." He said, before a dramatic and intense sound came from the hole.

"...... Where is Dante?" Zane questioned, noticing the blue haired male wasn't present.

Gene stayed silent, looking to the side. He could sense the worry and concern on Zane's face, both from his silence and the hole. The raven haired placed his hand on Gene's shoulder, shaking him slightly.

"Gene, where is Dante?" He asked again, this time with more concern.

"He's at work." He answered, taking another sip of his coffee.

"Oh." He let out a breath of relief, pulling his hand away. "Where does he work?"

"In the hole." He responded, as more of the intense and dramatic sound came from the hole.

"DIVINES!" Zane cried, looking into the hole. "How deep even is this thing!?"

Gene was about to say something, when Zane reached over and grabbed his coffee mug. He held it over the hole, dropping it into the dark and deep abyss. He had one hand pressed to his chest, chewing on his scarf. Gene pursed his lips as he crossed his arms, leaning against the wall.

"Gene, do you even know what this is?" Zane questioned, looking up at him.

The sound of a dog barking made him look down, and he saw the last glimpse of his new puppy as he fell into the hole. He felt a stab of pain in his heart, because he had loved that puppy.

"For all we know this could be an inter-dimensional wormhole, or a... or a gateway to Hell!" Zane cried, before looking back down.

A horrid gargling growling sound came from the hole, as a hand emerged from the dark depths. Zane backed up against the wall, screaming his head off. Gene stayed oddly calm, pulling his gun out and shooting the creature around five or six times. The creature let out a wail as it died, before falling back into the unknown void.

"What was that thing!?" Zane cried, literally looking like he was about to break down into tears.

"A Hole Person." Gene shrugged, yawning as he put his gun away.

"Where did it come from!?" He yelled, and Gene gave him a look. "Right, right... the hole..."

Gene nodded, and Zane rolled his eye in annoyance. The raven haired male stared at him silently, crossing his arms across his chest. He eyed him up and down, and Gene rose an eyebrow at him.

".... How are you so calm about this?" He questioned, his tkne hinting at suspicion.

"I'm more worried about the space octopus." He answered, looking out the window.

"What space octopus?" He asked, slowly looking out the window as well.

In the distance, an enormous octopus was wreaking havoc upon the town. The sky was filled with black clouds, and lightning crackled across the sky as thunder roared. One of the tentacles broke through thee wall of Gene's house, wrapping around Zane. The raven haired male started to scream in terror, before being lifted up and yanked out of the safety of the home, and towards the lair of the monstrous creature.

"That one..." Gene sighed, looking down.

He had really cared about Zane. Sure, he wasn't the best of company or even the friendliest of the friendliest, but he had still been there for Gene at dark times. He just wished that someone else could have died instead of Zane, and his little puppy. He had owned the puppy, yes, but he had wanted to give it to Zane as a present. Too late for that now.

Feeling around on the table beside him, he picked up what felt like a movie case. Looking at it, he smiled at the title.

"Oh, here it is." He smiled, finding Zane's copy of the movie.

"Oh crap!" He cried, as the movie slipped and fell into the hole.

~~~~

"Got any fours?"

"Go fish."

Laurance sighed heavily, crossing his legs as he and Dante fell from Gene's living room.

"How deep does this hole even go?" He asked, before a rock impaled Dante.

Pursing his lips, he let go of the cards as he fell down the rest if the hole alone. Looking down, he couldn't see the bottom of it. So, crossing his arms, he let himself fall to the bottom of the hole, where certain death awaited him.

Of course he had his hands folded and his legs crossed.