The Boss's Pet

The Shadow Knights were a dangerous group.

They were one of the many infamous mafia organizations, so of course they had a reputation for being crooks and murderers. No one really knew what they looked like, though. The very few who did were in some deadly contracts, though. Ones that involved their families, love partner, or their businesses.

The identities of the soldiers for their organization were no big secret. The more important members, especially the boss, were kept in high secrecy. That's why they could walk around freely, and not be seen as suspicious.

That's why Gene was at the outdoor singing show with his underboss and consigliere, aka his younger brother and good friend Ein.

"We could make big bucks off that Ro'Meave up there." Ein said to Gene, smirking. "It's not often you get the son of a large business in your hands."

"Are we really gonna waste our time on him?" Danrre asked, rolling his eyes. "Besides, people want women, not men."

"True, but you're forgetting that Zane is a Ro'Meave." He said in return, snapping his fingers under Gene's nose. "Are you listening?"

Gene had not been listening, but he never let that show. The truth was that he had been completely captivated by the performance, especially by how calm the star had been. What was his name again? Right, Zane Ro'Meave.

He wanted to get to know that boy a bit better.

"Alright, let's do it." He said to them, standing up.

~~~~

The last thing he remembered was hearing the door to his dressing room being kicked open, and the sounds of gunfire outside.

Groaning, Zane opened his eye slowly. He immediately knew he wasn't in his dressing room or any room he was usually in. This room was way too different in interior style for Zane's liking. Especially the mounted deer head on the wall, with what looked like blade marks in the antlers.

"About time to woke up."

Zane nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard that voice. It was so... menacing, as if it had been that way for a long time. He sat up slowly, seeing someone sitting in an armchair. He had black hair that casted shadows over his eyes, which were a deep teal blue color. From what he could see, he was fairly tanned, much unlike Zane's own pale whiteness.

"Who are you?" Zane asked, not quite sure why he had asked that first. "Where am I?"

"Oh don't worry, you'll be taken care of here." He responded, wiping out a blade. "If you be a good kitty, that is."

"What the hell do you want with me?" He demanded, narrowing his eye to a glare.

"The less you know, the better your fate here will be." He said, smirking.

"You bastard..." He hissed, barring his teeth.

"The name is Gene." He informed him, grabbing onto his chin as he stood up. "I'll leave you to get dressed, but don't test my patience, Ro'Meave. If you're not dressed the next time I walk in here, I'm adding another mark to your arms."

Leaving off with that threat, Gene left the room. Zane removed the covers, blushing out of embarrassment when he saw he was only in his boxers. He went over to the closet, opening it up to see the clothes inside. There were mostly superstar outfits, like the red sparkly dress, but there were some less flashy ones. He saw a purple mini top and a pair of silvery pants, but he didn't want to look like a girl. So he settled on a long sleeved white top with buttons, and a pair of black overalls.

"Oh, look at how precious~."

Zane turned around, seeing Gene had entered the room again. He was thankful that he had already been dressed, but couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if he hadn't been fully dressed.

"Hmp!" Zane huffed, crossing his arms as Gene walked up to him. "What is all of this about?"

"You're a Ro'Meave, you idiot." Gene answered, rolling his eyes. "With you in my possession, I can bribe your family for anything I want."

"That's what this is about? You just want money?" He asked with a disgusted look. "You set up an entire room for me just for that?"

"Well that's not the only thing I want from you." He shrugged, leading Zane out of the room. "I think you'll make a great pet to the entire gang."

"What gang?" Zane demanded, glaring up at him. "And don't call me your pet!"

"He's a fiesty one, ain't he?"

Zane looked ahead of him, seeing people gathering around them. They all had heavy black cloaks of leather on, with the hoods pulled up and over their heads. The two at the front had metal medallions on underneath the cloaks, different letters stamped on them. The one who was taller with reddish brownish eyes had the letter 'Z' stamped on theirs, and the shorter one with purple eyes had the letter 'S'. They were the only two with the medallions on.

"Yes, which only makes torturing him and having him our pet more fun." Gene laughed, giving Zane a smirk.

"I'm not your damn pet!" Zane growled, slapping him across the face.

"Hmp. We should just kill him and be done with it." 'Z' huffed, only to be glared at.

"We can't do that. Not yet, anyway. He's still of good use to us." Gene said, grabbing Zane's rear. "We could make him one of us, if we really wanted to."

"Get your hand off me!" Zane yelled, elbowing Gene harshly in the ribs.

"You little bitch!" He growled, grabbing onto his hair and kneeing him in the stomach.

~~~~

"And that's how I met your father."

Zane sighed as he finished his story, sitting in front of his two children. The oldest looked more like Gene, and the youngest like himself. They were both training to be soldiers for Gene's mafia, with the oldest being trained and prepared to become the next boss.

"Is that true?" The oldest asked, cleaning his knife.

"The whole thing!" Zane groaned, cracking his fingers. "You're father really did kidnap me, and I really am part of the Ro'Meave family."

"You know you love me." Gene said, entering the room.

"I have moments where I question this relationship." Zane huffed, looking away.