Spoils of War

(I have a HAPPY oneshot in mind for the next one, but I was watching Steven Universe "Legs From Here to Homeworld" , and.... yeah....)

"Oh my....."

Gene stared in awe at the prince, who stared back with fear and grief. If it were just a normal day and they were normal peasants, Geme would have questioned the grief in his eye. But Gene knew perfectly well why this prince stared at him so. Laying behind him was the corpse of the oldest prince, who had been the heir to the throne, with Gene's sword impaled through his chest.

"You killed him.... you killed them.... you killed them all...." He breathed, backing away from Gene as he stepped closer.

"This is the price of war, you idiotic prince." Gene sneered, pulling his blade from the dead prince's body. "Such a shame that you had to see this. I've heard many things about you."

Gene started to advance on the smaller, younger male. In return the dethroned prince took steps back, eyeing the blood of both his family and people as it dripped from his blade. Directing his gaze to the side, Gene caught sight of the destroyed kingdom. The dead bodies of soldiers from both armies littered the ground, flames eating up the districts and life.

"People all across the land say you're one of the most agreeable royals to exist in this time. Everywhere my spies go they hear of you." Gene said, directing his gaze back to Zane. "And a lot of other princes and princesses take interest in you."

"I am a human being, not your false bargaining chip!" Zane snapped, looking around for a way to escape. "I refuse to be your allie in war!!"

"You don't have a choice anymore, dear prince." He laughed darkly, directing the tip of the sword to Zane's throat. (What kinda sword? ;3)

"And why is that, you lowly scum?" He demanded, gaze glued to the blade.

"Take a good look at what remains of your kingdom. You have been dethroned, the symbol of O'khasis is no more." He snickered, as the flags of the once powerful kingdom burned to ashes. "You are now worth nothing to the world."

"That proves what you had stated to be false. If I am worth nothing now, I would be a useless bargaining chip." He pointed out, grinning.

"You are worth nothing to the world, but worth so much to me." He sighed, grabbing Zane by his hair. "Listen here, you little broad."

Zane let out a yelp as Gene yanked him upwards, holding him in the air. The soles of his polished boots were no longer touching the polished floor, but dangling in the air with their wearer. Gene smirked at him, kneeing him in the stomach and then dropping him. The prince coughed harshly, struggling to get up.

"You are my property now, my slave and whatever else I command you to be. You have no voice in this world anymore." Gene announced, picking him up again.

~~~~

"Zane, come to me."

Gene kept his eyes on his slave as he approached his throne, keeping his head lowered to the floor. When he stepped up to the foot of the steps that led to the throne, Zane bowed down to his master.

"You're limping." Gene acknowledged the injury with a hum, narrowing his eyes.

"I'm fine, my Lord." Zane replied, still in a bow.

"Tell me, how is our little one?" He questioned, looking back out the window.

"Prince Tybalt is the healthiest child in all the land, my Lord." He reported, visibly flinching as Gene mentioned their child.

"And how are the maidens?" He asked, knowing how seriously Zane took his helpers.

"The maidens are doing well. They follow orders as they should." He answered, but Gene knew he was lying once again.

"Even after all the torture I have put you through, you still lie to my face for those worthless peasants." He growled, glaring down at his slave. "Do I need you to carry my next child for another nine months?"

"My apologies, my Lord." Zane quickly apologized, gulping. "I will carry your next child if that is what you ask of me."

"I hate you. You're nothing but flaws and unspoken complaints. I know you've been giving looks to the general of my army." Gene replied, snapping his fingers as two guards came in. "Guards, take him to the torture chamber."

~~~~

"I'll name him..... Prince Alexander."

"A strong and wise name, my Lord."

Gene didn't even glance at the maiden who had said that, too focused on the face of his second son who had just been born. For once in all the years since his first son, Prince Tybalt, bad been born he felt true happiness. Speaking of Prince Tybalt, the masochistic heir to the throne had appeared today with his father.

"Disgusting." Tybalt spat, frowning at his newborn brother in disgust. "He looks just like that disobedient slave."

"Well so do you, Tybalt." Gene pointed out, earning a growl from his son.

Tybalt huffed, turning his head so he didn't have to see either of them anymore. In fact, he had left the nursery, only being there to see what his newborn brother and competition looked like. Gene had no doubts in his mind that Tybalt would try to murder the newborn prince, which was why he would have him raised in a different colony Gene had established and ruled over.

Handing the newborn Prince Alexander to one of the maidens, Gene turned and headed for his control center, where he would have his younger brother deliver a message to the colony he picked.

~~~~

"We're going to.... him... there's.... we can do..."

Zane blinked slowly, his hearing clogged up. He couldn't hear all the words being said, if he could even hear any words at all. He hadn't even gotten to have a look at the newborn prince before the maidens took him to Gene. But he supposed it was normal. He hadn't gotten to see Prince Tybalt when he was born, or ever for that matter. But from what he had heard from the other servants, Prince Tybalt was a tyrannical dictator in their early stages.

"Just look at him...." One of the maidens began, close enough to Zane for him to hear her clearly. "He's dying slowly and painfully...."

Zane let his heart sink a little. He was going to die? He had wanted to die ever since his family was murdered and his people were enslaved, he just... hadn't thought he would die like this. He had thought he would die from one of the torture sessions, or die from one of his panic attacks or natural causes. He never thought he would die giving birth.

"Should we alert Lord Gene? Surely there's a certain way he wants him to be..." Another began, but trailed off as she started to cry.

"Lord Gene would make him die slowly and painfully, and have him perform his tasks and chores even when he's half dead." The doctor sighed, placing their hand on Zane's neck. "....... It's best to put him out of his misery... Sasha, hand me a scalpel.... please..."

"Of course, Dr. Aphmau...." Sasha softly said, handing her the object she had requested.

"T..... ha...... nk.... y.... ou...." Zane managed to whisper out, before the blade slit his throat.