Numb (Part 1)

Tomorrow was the day.

The day he would end it all.

Zane put his little journal in his backpack, not quite sure why he even brought the large bag to school. He never did good in class, if he even went to the class at all. Maybe he did it so his parents would just think he was going to class. Maybe it was to hold all the stuff he actually used during the school day, like his little journal and a pair of scissors. He also carried a box of bandages with him every day, in case he made cut to the point where the blood would show through the sleeves of his school uniform.

Zane slid the bag onto his back, carrying it by one of the straps. He made his down the staircase, exiting the house using the front door. He could hear his two brothers, one older and the other younger, talking to each other rather loudly in the dining room. A few months ago his stomach would've growled at the thought of missing breakfast, but he never even thought about food anymore. He just didn't care, and he assumed his family didn't either. If they did care, even just a little bit, they didn't show it.

"Look at the little freakshow!"

"Garroth and Vylad must be so embarrassed!"

"I'd kill myself if he was my brother!"

"Good luck finding love, whore!"

"What strip club do you work at?"

"I'll give you a hundred bucks if you give me a dance!"

Zane kept his head low, picking up his pace as he hurried to his homeroom. He ignored the taunts and insults coming from his peers and upperclassmen, not even having the urge to cry. He had once had those urges, and had actually cried a while back. Now he was numb, all the way to the core. He just didn't care anymore, he couldn't care. He had given up trying to make things better for himself long ago.

He sat down at his desk, all the way in the back corner of the classroom. He put his backpack on the back of the chair, unzipping it to grab a notebook and a pencil. He turned around, facing the front of the class, where he heard his classmates whispering about him.

"You all suck at whispering." Zane spat at them, shocking them all into silence. "What? Thought I wouldn't have the balls to say something?"

"Now Zane, there's no need to start an argument." The teacher intervened, making Zane growl at him.

"Whatever. Everyone here is a pussy anyway." He huffed, rolling his eye as he slumped back.

"Little hoe..." Someone muttered under their breath, glaring at Zane.

~~~~

"Nngh....."

Zane grunted in pain as he set his foot on the ground, shaking as he tried to walk on it. It was probably broken, but he didn't care. His parents would just send him to the hospital like any other person. They could afford the medical bill.

Bruises and cuts covered his body, his uniform and shoes caked in mud and wet grass. It was a downpour once school had ended, which seemed very fitting for Zane's current mood. Somehow he managed to walk, although it was with a serious limp and very slowly. He was beyond the verge of crying now, with every step the pain caused tears to roll down his face. After a bit he found his bookbag, thankfully not roughed up.

He just wanted to go home at this point. Go home and cry in his pillow, cry into the couch, cry at the table, cry into Garroth's shoulders. Just cry. (*compilation of Zane crying in an anime way in a variety of locations*)

"Well well well... don't always see you in this kind of weather."

Zane wanted to scream when he heard that voice. He was more than familiar with it by now. He had memorized it, it was burned into his brain. He could never forget it. It was him.