The Plague

"Zane!!"

Zane looked up from the mound of living corpses he had been laying on, seeing one of his Blood Plague Zombies approaching him. Yes, Zane was a Plague Heart. While normal Plague Hearts had no actual bodies and were just stuck in large mounds of rotted flesh and bones, Zane had become a Plague Heart. It was complicated, and he really hated explaining it to his Blood Plague Zombies.

"Oh, hello Gene." Zane greeted, sitting up and jumping onto the Blood Plague Zombie.

"Baby, you shouldn't get off your mound." Gene reminded him, sitting him back down. "You're too valuable to get hurt."

"Yes yes, you all remind me every day." He sighed, laying back down.

"I brought you something." He chirped, dropping a dead rabbit in front of him. "I know you really, really like human meat more, but this was all I could get."

"It's alright, Gene." He said, giving him a small kiss on the cheek. "I don't have to eat every day."

"But you're our Plague Heart." He reminded him, resting his head on Zane's lap. "You're my Plague Heart."

"Oh, come here." He sighed, lifting up his shirt so his heart was exposed. "I think you just need to feed."

Gene sniffed, his stomach growling as he went up to Zane's heart. He paused, looking up at Zane to make sure he had permission. Zane gave him a nod, a small smile forming as Gene sucked some of the infected blood on his heart. It tickled, especially when one of the Blood Plague Zombies licked it.

"Baby..." Gene sighed, nuzzling up against Zane.

"Gene, stop raping Zane."

The two looked at the doorway, seeing a Feral Zombie and a Screamer walk in. Normally, any type of Zombie wouldn't be able to talk like they were still alive. However, Zane being a Plague Heart had it's perks. All he had to do was have them drink some of his blood, and they could speak and grow limbs back.

"I'm not raping him, Zenix." Gene defended, glaring at the Feral. "I think we can all agree that you know what raping someone looks like."

"For the last time, I said I'm sorry!" Zenix growled, bloody saliva dripping from his mouth. "Dante was just too nice! I couldn't help myself!"

"Guys, let's not fight." Zane cut in, raising one hand and yawning. "I don't want to hear Sasha scream just yet."

Hearing her name, the Screamer looked back at the two on the mound. Her eyes, that had once been an airy purple color, were now jack-o-lantern orange and yellow, with no white or black to them. Her silvery white hair had mostly died away, but some of the strands were still there. She had lost her arms when she had been turned, and most of her skin had been ripped off.

"Baby..." Gene purred, leaning in towards Zane.

Zane hummed in response, nuzzling against his chest. He didn't mind that Gene was practically skinless, entirely covered in blood on the outside. He was his Blood Plague Zombie, his lover. He could hear Gene's animalistic purring, wrapping his arms around Zane's petite waist.

"I want attention too!" Zenix whined, butting his head against Zane's leg. "Me! Down here!"

Zane smiled, petting Zenix on the head. He laughed a bit as Gene growled at the Feral, and Zenix stuck his tongue out in return. He looked up at Sasha, who had taken interest in something on the wall. An old painting of a landscape.

"There's a new group of survivors settled in town, baby." Gene whispered, making Zenix perk up. "They're pretty weak and small. We can easily kill them and bring them back."

"Oh... alright... if you have to..." Zane sighed, standing up.

Believe it or not, Zane actually didn't like killing humans, Werewolves, Meif'was, and Witches. He could easily disguise as a human, the only missing part of him was the skin over his heart, but he was a beacon for Blood Plague Zombies. They would literally chase him across the fields, and surround any billboard he was hiding on or infest any building he had entered. They were obsessed with him.

"Don't worry, baby. There's still plenty of survivors out there." Gene reminded him, standing up as well. "They'd hurt you if they got too strong."

"I'm more worried about you guys." Zane admitted, walking out onto the balcony of the room.

He could see his little army below him, and his scent must have notified them that he was up. The Blood Plague Zombies were first to react, their heads snapping up as they frantically chewed on their food. He had all sorts of Zombies taking care of him. Blood Plague Zombies, Ferals, Screamers, Bloaters, normal Zombies. He had given each of them some of his blood, so they had their old consciousness back.

"Baby, get back on your mound." Gene pouted, wrapping his arms around Zane's waist.

"In a minute, Gene." Zane promised, putting his hands on the railing.

After Zane had checked up on his little army, and a small group had gone hunting the survivors Gene had mentioned, Zane was back on his mound. Zenix had gone to check up on Dante's healing process, and Sasha was keeping watch. Gene had stayed with Zane, his face buried in Zane's stomach.

"Baby, you're so soft..." Gene purred, peppering small kisses on his belly.

"Do you like it?" Zane asked, stroking his head.

"Yeah, baby..." He said with a nod, purring as Zane stroked his head.

"Are you getting off on calling me that?" He asked, looking down at him.

"Me? Kinks? No way." He denied, giving a playful grin.

"Oh, good, because I lost my private parts." He lied, holding in his laughter at Gene's expression.

"Then I'll rip you a new one!" He hurriedly said, tilting his head as Zane laughed.

"I'm just teasing you. I didn't actually lose my private parts." He laughed, patting his head. "But no mating. Not yet, anyway."

"Aw..." He pouted, resting his head on his lap.

"I said not yet." He repeated. "I didn't say never."

"I remember when I turned.." Gene sighed. "I almost killed you.."

"Yeah, I remember. You kept hesitating, and you kept purring when you got close to me and kept trying to rest your head on my shoulder." Zane said with a nod. "You looked so sad."

"That infected wound hurt." He pouted.

"Trust me, Gene, I know." He laughed, laying back down.

"Get some rest, ZuZu." He said, getting up.

Zane grabbed his arm, pulling him back down onto the mound. He stared at him for a moment, before hugging his arm and closing his eye. Gene eased himself on top of Zane, making sure he didn't crush the precious breed.

"I love you, my Plague Heart."