The Beastiary

Scott's P.O.V

Deaton told me to come towards him. He got some gauze and pouring something on it. 

"They're coming back. So we don't have much time to talk," Deaton said about to put the gauze to the wound. 

"What is that?" I asked him still kind of freaked out. 

"Rubbing alcohol. You don't want it to get infected, do you?" Deaton asked me and all I did was shake my head no. 

"You will heal the same, just not as quickly, because of Derek," Deaton said. 

"How do you know all this? Actually, how do you know anything?" I asked Deaton wanting some answers. He put some badges on the wound and grabbed some tape. 

"It's a longer story. What I can tell you is that I know about your kind. Your kind... I can help. This..." Deaton said and then looked at the body, "This is something different." 

"Do you know what did it?" I asked him. 

"No, but the Argents will. And this is the crucial part. They'll have some kind of record or book. It will have descriptions, histories, notations of all of the things they've discovered," Deaton explained which just confused me more. There are more than just werewolves in the world.

"All of the things? How many different things are there?" I asked when we heard cars pull up and I ran to hide but I listen to there conversation and not looking at them. 

Conversation

Deaton: I'm starting to think I need to buy a more prominent "closed" sign

Gerard: Hello, Allen. It's been a while. The last I heard, you had retired

Deaton: Last I heard, you followed a code of conduct.

Mr. Argent: If you hadn't noticed, this body is one of ours. 

Deaton: I did. I also noticed the gunpowder residue on his fingertips. So don't assume I'll be swayed by your philosophy just 'cause I'll answer a few questions.

Mr. Argent: He was only 24. 

Deaton: Killers come in all ages. 

Gerard: All ages, sizes, and shapes. It's the last one that concerns us. 

Mr. Argent: How about you tell us what you found. 

Deaton: You see this cut? Precise. Almost surgical. Relating to the spine. This isn't the wound that killed him. This had more of an interesting purpose. 

Gerard: Relating to the spine. 

Deaton: That's right. Whatever made this cut, it's laced with a paralytic toxin, potent enough to disable all motor functions. These are the cause of death. (the big scratch marks) Notice the patterns on each side. 

Mr. Argent: Five for each finger.

Gerard: each claw. 

Deaton: As you see, it dug in, slashed upward, eviscerating the lungs, slicing through the rib cage with ease

Mr. Argent: Have you ever seen anything like this before?

Deaton: No

Mr. Argent: Any idea at all what killed him?

Deaton: No but I can tell you it's fast, remarkably strong, and has the capacity to render its victims essentially helpless within seconds.