It's too dangerous

Skye's P.O.V

Stiles was in his room doing research on the bank vault that was robbed trying to find a way in. Mara was in my room finding a movie to watch and I was in the kitchen makes us something to eat. Grilled cheese but I made enough for all of us, Scott, Stiles, and my dad. He should be coming home soon. 

I heard Scott coming downstairs and I wasn't ready to talk to him but I can't avoid him forever. He walks into the kitchen as I finish the last grilled cheese. 

"Hey," Scott said walking up to the table. I grabbed two plates for Scott and Stiles. I pass him the plates. 

"For you and Stiles," I said grabbing Mara and mine plate. I was about to leave when he stepped in front of me. 

"So, you're just gonna ignore me. For how long?" Scott said looking sad and I put the plates on the table. 

"I don't know. I just... I'm not ready to talk to you," I explained leaning against the table. 

"It's been four months. I let you go when I didn't want to. Now, you're back and ignoring me like you don't care," Scott said and I shook my head no. 

"The problem is I care too much. It might feel like an open wound for you but for me... it's like a fresh wound. Every time I look you in the eyes, it's like you are telling all over again that you don't love me and it hurts. I left to try to heal and I didn't. Not even a little. Being back here, it hurt more than ever. I'm not ignoring you. I'm trying to ignore the pain, the pain that you caused," I explained looking at the ground but then I looked at him in the eyes as a tear falls down my cheek. He looks so hurt. 

"I told you I wasn't ready to talk," I said wiping the tear and I turned around to pick up the plates but Scott put his hand on my mine

"I'm so sorry, Skye. I..." Scott tried to say but I know what was coming out. 

"Don't!" I said looking at him shaking my head. I had tears going down my cheek. He moves his hand to wipe them away but I turned my face closing my eyes, "Please, don't." 

"Skye," I heard my dad said walking into the kitchen. I turned away from Scott and my dad as I wiped the tears I couldn't stop from coming out. Calm down, you can't beat up a kid, I heard my dad think. I couldn't stop a small chuckle that came out. 

"Scott, I think you should take that grilled cheese upstairs before it gets cold. Stiles hates his food cold," he said and Scott cleared his throat. 

"Yeah, okay," Scott said taking the plates walking out of the kitchen. I waited to face my dad after I heard the door close upstairs. I tried to pull myself together looking at him. He opened his mouth to say but instead walked up to me and hugged me. 

I'm sorry, Skye. My girl's heart is broken. I want to beat that kid up, He thought and I smiled. 

"Why does it hurt so much?" I asked him and he holds me tighter.