Movie Date?

Scott's P.O.V 

Isaac and I were coming home late from work. Isaac has been doing better at work that Deaton offers both more hours to earn a little bit more cash. 

Isaac and I were walking through the door and my mom was in the kitchen.

"Hey, sorry I'm back so late. We were closing up the Animal Clinic. We also got more hours to earn a little extra... money," I explained when my mom turns and I see Garrett's gym bag full of money. 

"How much more did you need? Since this was under Scott's bed, did you know about this Isaac?" my mom asked. Isaac was about to answer. 

"No, he didn't. He knew nothing about it," I explained. 

"Then, do you mind giving Scott and I a minute," my mom said. Isaac nods and then he leaves the room to go upstairs. 

"This is payment from the dead pool. I found it in Garrett's locker," I explained. 

"This belongs to Derek? So you're just keeping it safe for him in a gym bag underneath your bed? How long have you had it?" my mom asked me. 

"Too long," I said, letting out a huge exhale. 

"You know you have to give it back?" she told me. 

"I was going to," I confessed. 

"Do I want to know why you haven't?" my mom asked me. I took a moment before I answered. 

"Because of you," I admitted. 

"Me? You mean because we've been struggling a little?" she said with a sigh. 

"Mom, we're struggling a lot," I said. She shakes her head, scratching the back of her neck. 

"Scott, you can save people's lives

"Scott, you can save people's lives. But you cannot save them from life. Life is full of struggle," she told me. 

"But it doesn't have to be," I said. 

"Honey," she said. I started picking up one stack of cash at a time. 

"Do you know what just one of these can do? This gets us a new roof. And this pays for Stiles' MRI. This pays for Eichen House. And this one means you don't have to work the double shift at the hospital and come home totally exhausted," I explained. She gives me a small smile.

"What about this one?" she said, handing me one of the stacks covered in blood. My mom looks to me and I nod, agreeing that I will give the money back. 

"Things have got better, though. The checks from the foster system help. We are all up to date with the overdue bills. We've struggled before, but we always pull through," my mom said, patting me on the shoulder. I nod. Then, I notice that she is wearing a small crystal heart-shaped necklace.