Until there was nothing to come back to

Skye's P.O.V

I woke up from barely able to sleep last night. I felt so weak and tired from all the worrying and crying. All that pain came rushing in of what happened last night between my dad and Stiles. I need coffee. 

I walk downstairs to make coffee but there was some already made with a note on the table. Had to go to work early this morning, Dad. I felt awful knowing he is just avoiding me. I heard Stiles walking downstairs. I think Stiles is doing the same because he was shocked to see me in the kitchen. 

"You're up," Stiles said and I move so he can get a mug. He grabs two and hands me the other. 

"Yeah, I wanted to make coffee but dad already did. He left early for work," I explain leaning against the counter not looking at Stiles. Stiles puts his head down. 

"I'm sorry about last night," Stiles said still with his head down. 

"I know. It's okay," I said putting the mug on the table crossing my arms. 

"I was a complete dick," Stiles said looking at me. 

"Yeah, you were," I said looking at him and he looks at me. We both chuckle a little, "I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say but that. I know I can't make up for what I did but I want to try. I never want to hurt you or dad. I didn't have much of a choice," I said in a small voice. 

"I want to actually sit down and talk to you, I really do. I want to hear everything. I want to talk but I really need to be somewhere," Stiles explained and I gave him a look. 

"Where?" I asked him. 

"Derek is meeting Scott and me with Allison and Lydia to talk. I will explain everything when I get back but please stay out of sight. You could be in danger," Stiles said worried about me and I gave a small smile. 

"Okay, but will you not tell Scott I'm back. I'm not ready to face him yet," I said to Stiles who nods understanding. Stiles was about to walk out of the kitchen but he turned around dropping his bag. He walks up to him to hug and I couldn't hold back the tears that were building in my eyes. He wraps his arms around me and I hug him back. He doesn't let go right away either. I missed you so much, Stiles thought. 

"I missed you too," I said and I could feel him smile. He leaves to go to school and I call Mara to pick her up. I'm going to school to see Derek and to find out what I've been missing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mara picked me up. We went to the school and I followed Stiles thought to an empty room. We made ourselves invisible staying in the corner listening to them. Derek was looking at Allison's and Lydia's wrist with the bruises with his arm crossed. 

"I don't see anything," Derek said like they were wasting his time. I was getting annoyed with his attitude. 

"Look again," Scott said to Derek. 

"How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek said looking at Allison. She is upset to see him after what happened to her mother. He better watch himself, I thought. Skye, control yourself. We are only here to watch, remember, Mara thought. 

"It's the same on both sides. Exactly the same," Scott explained. I study the bruise. I looked at Mara and she shrugs like she doesn't know. 

"It's nothing," Derek said and Allison narrowed her eyes at him. 

"Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia," Lydia explains and Derek looks at Scott annoyed. 

"They're trying to help," Scott said looking at him.