Close the Door

Skye's P.O.V

I teleported Scott and I closed to Stiles who was running. Scott started to follow his scent and we literally ran into him. He was shining the flashlight in our faces as he screamed. 

"I think I found something," Stiles told us. 

"So did we," Scott said. We explained how I heard the thoughts of a person in the coyote and how her eyes glowed blue. Stiles walked us over to a small cave. 

"It's a coyote den," Stiles said as we walked in. 

"Werecoyote," Scott corrected. 

"Oh god, that smell," I said covering my nose. 

"You see this?" Stiles said kneeling over to light blue jacket, "This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

She has been trapped in the body of a coyote for 8 years. There old clothing and a teddy bear. 

"We shouldn't be in here," Scott said. 

"What do you mean?" Stiles asked. 

"She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home," Scott explained. 

"Our scent's going to be everywhere," I said looking around. 

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?" Stiles asked. 

"I don't know," Scott said. 

"Can you track her now? You think you got her scent?" Stiles asked Scott. 

"Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back," Scott said afraid. I grabbed his hand. 

"The door's still open," Stiles said with a sigh. 

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help," Scott said and I was thinking of who. Malia was missing and these are her clothes. 

"This is basically a crime scene, right?" I asked both of them. 

"I think it might be a little out of my boss's league," Scott said catching onto what I was saying. 

"And more in our dad's," Stiles said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We called our dad who brought practically the whole station. We explained how we know that Malia is trapped inside the body of a coyote. He walks over to us with her blanket in his hand. 

"You're sure it was her?" our dad asked us. 

"I looked her right in the eyes. And they glowed just like mine," Scott explained. 

"And I heard her. I can't hear the thoughts of animal but I heard her," I explained to him. 

"It makes sense, Dad," Stiles said. 

"But it wasn't a girl. It was a four-legged coyote, right?" he asked not totally believing this. 

"Well, okay. But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't exactly have figured out yet," Stiles admitted. 

"It's rare but it does happen," I said. 

"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could've happened," Scott explained. 

"Horrible things could've happened. Ripping, shredding, tearing things," Stiles said over-explaining. 

"Really, Stiles," I said shaking my head.